“The Oracle”

Premier Inn London Holborn Hotel
Ranked #93 of 1,068 Hotels in London
“The Oracle”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Just came back from a 4 night stay and thought I'd break a habit of a lifetime and submit a review. First the negatives, as it's a new hotel there were a number of glitches, which I suppose you d expect. Fire alarm went off for a short period twice, food took a while to arrive even when it was quiet - I think it was down to a problem when they tried to input your order electronically and we had a complete power outage in our room.

Now the positives - location is excellent 5 - 10 min walk from tube, staff could not do enough for you, food both at breakfast and dinner was v good and well priced and when our electric blew they quickly moved us to another room and under their Goodnight Sleep guarantee they refunded us a nights accommodation.
Would have given 5 stars but for the glitches which I am sure they will soon iron out.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
OpsMgr_LondonHolborn, Manager at Premier Inn London Holborn Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor. We appreciate all feedback we get from our guests as it helps to improve our service we provide and helps to improve in area's that are needed. I would like to apologise for the disturbances you encountered during your stay and hope it didnt cause too much of an inconvenience for you. We are also working on improving our service in our restaurant area to a more efficient speed. Im delighted you enjoyed our location and service, i will be passing your comments onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay, thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Professional staff, good breakfast and clean environment.
Josh at the reception was exceptional, quickly resolves all our complains and needs.
Housekeeping however is a little bit lazy when it comes to changing beddings, they rather not do this part of the job even when the bed sheet was covered with food stains , they will prefer to neatly make the bed than change it .
Apart from this ,really enjoyed our stay here .

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Doris-Nonso
OpsMgr_LondonHolborn, Manager at Premier Inn London Holborn Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for Premier Inn London Holborn. We love to hear and read feedback from our guests as it really ensures we can improve our service and reward and recognise our team members. I am concerned to hear that you found your bed sheets dirty as we normally have brilliant reviews regarding how clean our rooms are. I apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused you and am sure to say this won't happen again. If you wish to discuss any matters further please contact Sherwyn Gonsalves opsmgr.londonholborn@whitbread.com. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us on your next visit, thank you.
Swaffham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Great location 10 minute walk from kings cross, I booked with slight hesitance as I am not a fan of premier inns.

Arrived to be met by very happy enthusiastic staff, went to room and found it spotless, huge TV, high bed plump duvet it was all a bit of a shock. Returned to the reception and asked for directions and wS printed off a map. Went out met friends for the evening and returned later to sit in the bar.

The bar staff were friendly and fun and accommodating and an asset to the hotel. And then I slept like a log!

Fabulous new hotel which I hope continues to function in this way.

Will return in the future

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BFab100
It is extremely pleasing to note that your time at the hotel was thoroughly enjoyed, so thank you for posting this lovely review on Tripadvisor. We are very fortunate to have such a central location and I am glad you found our team service and room to a high standard. We look forward to welcoming you back to London Holborn Premier Inn during your next visit.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in a family room (2 adults and 2 children). The room had a double bed, a single and a camp bed so there wasn't much floor space but considering that we were only planning to sleep in the room it was fine.
The room was on the ground floor and was well-equipped, clean and comfortable. Considering that we were right by the road the room was very quiet with no noise from either inside or outside the hotel.
We paid for two adult's breakfasts and got two children's breakfasts free. Even in a very busy restaurant during breakfast service there was lots to eat - my only suggestion would be to install a couple more coffee machines as there was quite a long queue. It's a recommendation to say that's the only thing I'd change about our whole stay.
Not bad for a hotel that cost a third of the price of the other hotel that we looked at nearby!

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I'm so pleased that you had such a great time! We have had so much positive feedback from business and leisure guests alike since the time we have opened and we are eager to continue to provide our guests with a memorable stay. I have made note of your feedback regarding the use of more coffee machines and hope this didn't cause too much of an inconvenience for yourself. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us on your next visit.
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We rang ahead to this hotel to inform them we would be late arriving to be informed there was no problem. On arrival we had no room. We were given a complementary drink and waited 20 minutes for a room to be prepared . We had been placed in a small room with a camp bed squashed between the double and single bed. The hotel has only been open for a week and I felt quite disappointed having heard good things about Premier Inns and this being our first experience. The hotel is clean and tidy as you would expect as it's so new. The best thing about this hotel is the staff in the restaurant/bar area who were very polite and helpful and it's central location . I would have rated this hotel higher if we had been given the room we had booked.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Plumb72
OpsMgr_LondonHolborn, Manager at Premier Inn London Holborn Hotel, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review on trip advisor. We take all of our guests’ feedback very seriously and aim to resolve any issues encountered during their stay. I would like to apologise that your checking in experience with us was not up to the standards we set here at London Holborn Premier Inn, we are working on improving our service to a more exceptional speed to ensure our guests checking in is as efficient as possible. I am pleased to hear that your found our restaurant team polite and helpful and will be delighted to pass on your compliments to them. Our location has been commended by most of our guests due to the great connectivity to the underground and local attractions. All our family rooms here at Holborn are set up with the main double bed and two single beds, I do apologise that you found the room quite cramped during your stay, our reception team are on hand 24 hours a day to ensure all guests have a comfortable and pleasant stay. I’d like to again apologise for the issues you encountered with us, and hope that we can restore your faith in our hotel in the future. If you wish to discuss any matters further, please contact Sherwyn Gonsalves (Operations Manager) opsmgr.londonholborn@whitbread.com Thank you.
Mauchline, Scotland
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations by quite a considerable distance. It had just newly opened when I arrived, so everything was new and fresh as you'd expect. The staff were very attentive and friendly. The food was excellent and of great value and the rooms were spacious and spotless. I am already booked to return to this hotel in September.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for Premier Inn London Holborn I am delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations and lived up to our usual high standards in customer service and clean bedrooms. I have shared your feedback with the team who are very pleased to read your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Fabulous over-night stay with two kids. Really friendly staff ensured that we were in the quietest room possible. Nothing was too much trouble - even when my 6 year old wanted three croissants heated up individually for breakfast at their busiest time!! Room was immaculate and location perfect for the Underground or a walk to Covent Garden. Definitely recommend!

Room Tip: We had room 408 and there was no noise at all!