“Great time!”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Ideally located overlooking St Pauls Cathedral The Saint Bar and Restaurant is situated in the bustling Paternoster Square. The perfect spot for a relaxed lunch on our outside terrace or a more formal business lunch in the restaurant, as well as drinks in the busy bar after work. Featuring a large outside terrace, which is very popular in the summer months for al fresco dining, The Saint can cater for a range of parties or events and has a selection of areas available... or you can hire the whole bar for free.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We went for a leaving drinks at The Saint last Friday night and it was brilliant.
Good music, pretty waitress and fast service!
We will definitely come back.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Lovely food, attentive staff, nice atmosphere, good value for money. Then we went to the toilet. You can smell the gents toilet as soon as you open the shared gents/ladies door. The smell of urine inside the gents toilet is up there with some of London's grottiest pubs. Mould around washbasins. Damp floor. Dirty walls. If we had gone there first we would not have stayed. Makes you wonder what the kitchen is like!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I just got back to my office after a great meal at The Saint. My friend and I didn't have much time so we were really pleased when the waiter came to us quickly to take our drinks order. The food came not long after and we were out in a hour, which was perfect for us.
They advertise a new menu and that's the reson why we went it.
I got the Fish pie and my friend had the risotto. Both dish were delicious and well presented.
Overall, the staff were very nice, the atmosphere was nice and the food pretty good for the price.
I really recommend The Saint.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Went for a mid-week lunch with a friend that works nearby. The Saint is located pretty much in Paternoster Square but was empty when we sat down... that should have been the first sign.

The food was not great. I ordered the crayfish jamabalya - I struggled to find any crayfish in it. It seemed to be mostly rice and a nasty tasting sauce, with bits of cooked chicken. The chicken tasted like it had been thrown in after cooking rather than cooked in the jamalaya itself - it was dry and flavourless.

My friend had the beef tagine, which was bits of chewy beef floating in a murky and watery sauce. Not nice. The one good bit of the meal was the chunky chips... difficult to get them wrong I suppose!

The food came within five minutes of it being ordered which is pretty suggestive of it just being slopped out of a microwave.

They didn't have some of the beers advertised on the menu - why list it if you don't stock or serve it any more?

The service was rather overbearing. The waiter approached us and asked if we'd like to order food and drink before we had even sat down - I hadn't even taken my coat off or pulled my seat out! When we did order, he seemed to be struggling to understand us. Then when we wanted the bill, he was nowhere to be seen...

Two mains, a small glass of wine and a bottle of beer for the outrageous sum of £37! Though I could see St Paul's cathedral from my seat... maybe we paid for location?

Avoid The Saint - you can get better, freshly cooked food and decent drinks for a lot better value for money elsewhere round St Paul's.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We visited St Pauls Cathedral on a Thursday. Wanted lunch and found this gem.
I ordered the ploughmans Lunch which was great. 11.95 but it came with a Pork Pie
And Ham, alot of bread, 2 types of cheese and eggs.
Service was great, fast and could not ask for more.