“Plain food but nice staff”
Review of Beatroot - CLOSED

Beatroot
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Prepared with natural ingredients & lots of care, our concept is simple. We display ten hot dishes, which are inspired from around the globe, together with colourful seasonal salads. Choose a small, medium or large container and our friendly staff team will fill your box to the brim with whatever choice of food you fancy, hey presto! As well as being Vegetarian, most of our food is Vegan. So, if your diet is dairy free you have a great choice at Beatroot. We also cater for wheat-free and gluten-free diets…ask a member of staff for details. We also offer a fab selection of smoothies and juices, which are made to order using the freshest ingredients. Our cakes and flapjacks are all baked by us and we serve great organic, fair-trade coffee, plus teas and herbals.
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I was noto impressed by the food nere. The portions are really good for what you pay, but some of the dishes were kind of plain. The staff is really kind and helpful.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We were in town to see an old pal in his Bafta-winning performance in Curious Incident at the Apollo, and it was HE who recommended this great little place to us before his matinee show. We had the small salad pots of our choosing, tasty and filling, and the staff were quirky and friendly; everything you would ever need, ever. Lovely and would definitely return.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Oh, yum. Wish I could have some right now. I'm vegetarian and gluten intolerant, and Beatroot was brilliant for my last dinner in London. I dropped in for a cup of tea on a freezing day, and to grab some takeaway for dinner, and was given a ridiculous amount of food which I happily stuffed in my face. I had the lentil Shepherd's Pie and the Blanched Broccoli. I would kill for that broccoli! There was so much food in the box that when the lady went to close it up for me to take away Shepherd's Pie squirted out the corners! Love you, Beatroot, and I'll be back when I'm in the right hemisphere again!

1  Thank Riley O
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Small cosy quick service veggie lunch. Attractive choice and good value. I have been there for lunch few times and deffo will come back.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

In the heart of bustlng Berwick Street Market, next door to the Endurance pub, Beatroot can't be beaten for filling, good value, vegetarian food. Meals come in 3 sizes of container, the cheapest at £4.70 being big enough for several choices of food. I had rice, tofu and vegetable stir fry, daal, and butter bean and red pepper. The hot chocolate is a generous size and also very good. Unfortunately, there's no customer's loo.