“Delicious Food on a Budget” 5 of 5 bubbles

Beatroot
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Prepared with natural ingredients & lots of care, our concept is simple. We display ten hot dishes, which are inspired from around the globe, together with colourful seasonal salads. Choose a small, medium or large container and our friendly staff team will fill your box to the brim with whatever choice of food you fancy, hey presto! As well as being Vegetarian, most of our food is Vegan. So, if your diet is dairy free you have a great choice at Beatroot. We also cater for wheat-free and gluten-free diets…ask a member of staff for details. We also offer a fab selection of smoothies and juices, which are made to order using the freshest ingredients. Our cakes and flapjacks are all baked by us and we serve great organic, fair-trade coffee, plus teas and herbals.
Ghent, Belgium
“Delicious Food on a Budget”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Vegetarian buffet with a selection of cold and warm food. I was very hungry so I chose a large box (₤7) and filled it up with some of cold and warm food. It was more than enough and delicious!

• Visited June 2013

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude Staff Never again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

I visited Beatroot on Berwick Street for lunch today and was a bit taken aback by the price of your salad boxes. I have eaten there many times before and the price had risen since the my last visit.
I mentioned it to my friend and at that point a member of staff (not the one serving me) turned around, tutted and shook her head at me.

The member of staff who was serving me then become very hostile with us, the other member of staff then appeared to be discussing what I'd said with other staff in the kitchen area.

In response to this, I suggested to the lady that I could leave some feedback to her colleague along the lines of 'Can I just say if the price of a Medium box was £4.50 - £5 I would eat in here more often, but because its £6.20 that's out of my usual lunch price range'. To which she completely shut off and didn't even say thank you for the transaction.

The whole experience left me feeling quite angry and actually very disappointed with a store that I have used regularly for the last few years.

Surely a normal response would be for a manager to come over and explain the reasons for the price rise and listen to my comments?

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Steiner75
beatrootlondon, Manager at Beatroot, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
I'm very sorry to hear of your experience.

In the last 15 years at Beatroot we take great pride in building up good customer relationships to offer you a great service. In this unfortunate case, we will look into the matter and learn from it. I hope you except our apologies.

In response to your initial concern about the food pricing, we try and keep our prices as low as possible and in contrast to other establishments selling similar food, we feel we offer great value for money. We do however, increases our prices on a yearly basis, in alignment with the increase in the quality produce that goes into making the food.
Milan, Italy
“Plain food but nice staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I was noto impressed by the food nere. The portions are really good for what you pay, but some of the dishes were kind of plain. The staff is really kind and helpful.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ruthin
“Good veg/wholefood,as recommended by a cool famous dude..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

We were in town to see an old pal in his Bafta-winning performance in Curious Incident at the Apollo, and it was HE who recommended this great little place to us before his matinee show. We had the small salad pots of our choosing, tasty and filling, and the staff were quirky and friendly; everything you would ever need, ever. Lovely and would definitely return.

• Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Tasty & good value Veg food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Oh, yum. Wish I could have some right now. I'm vegetarian and gluten intolerant, and Beatroot was brilliant for my last dinner in London. I dropped in for a cup of tea on a freezing day, and to grab some takeaway for dinner, and was given a ridiculous amount of food which I happily stuffed in my face. I had the lentil Shepherd's Pie and the Blanched Broccoli. I would kill for that broccoli! There was so much food in the box that when the lady went to close it up for me to take away Shepherd's Pie squirted out the corners! Love you, Beatroot, and I'll be back when I'm in the right hemisphere again!

• Visited March 2013