“A TOUCH OF LEBANON IN LONDON'S MAYFAIR”
Review of Al Hamra

Al Hamra
Reserve with OpenTable
Al Hamra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,201 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
London, United Kingdom
“A TOUCH OF LEBANON IN LONDON'S MAYFAIR”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Tatiana was over from Geneva and her cousin Sarah up from the South Coast. Together the three of us sit as a Council advising on a company's heritage. After a pleasant champagne reception at Bonhams in Bond Street to have a private preview of the following daty's Russian sale as well as the book launch of Russian Decorative Arts by Cynthia Sparke, we headed for Shepherds Market, as it was near Tatiana's hotel and because it has a very good Lebanese restaurant - Tatiana lived in Beirut for a couple of years in the 1960s. We sat inside as it was just a fraction too cool for the ladies, even with terrace heaters. As usual there was a warm welcome by the staff. Although I had requested a window table, we sat at the heart of the restaurant, but with windows on two sides, this did not really matters. For London restaurants it had a lower than usual noise level, which made conversation easy. We had three starters, which we shared and three main courses which generally kept to ourselves. The glasses of Lebanese was acceptable and the selection of sweets with ice cream ideal. In all, a good evening.

• Visited June 2014

• Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
“The WORST SERVICE in London”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Rude, surly, totally disinterested and slow service. I can honestly say I have never had worse service in London, indeed anywhere for a long time.

And I should add this was from the management rather than the waitress, who was trying her best. Virtually ignored on arrival, the management ( I assume they are as they wore suits) really displayed the worst kind of service I have seen in London, and at a time when the restaurant was half empty.

If I could have given ZERO stars I would have done.......do not go here is my only advice!

Visited May 2014
3 Thank 4orange4
Madrid, Spain
“Better places to go”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My whole family likes libanese food so when we heard of this place close to our hotel we decided to go. But we were disappointed. The food in general was good but the portions were small and very expensive. For example usually a mixed grill at such a restaurant is enough to feed two, but here is wasn't enough not even for one. And the service left a lot to be desired, impersonal and without even a hint of a smile.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank alkimadrid
Jersey, United Kingdom
“My favourite London restaurant”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is the best Lebanese restaurant in London. Great food, courteous and efficient service, and one of the best locations in London. Outside tables complete the pleasure of visiting this lovely restaurant in the summer-time. I have been visiting it for over 30 years and it has never disappointed. It is still a great tribute to Alex, it's recently retired owner/manager.

Visited April 2014
Milano
“Good Lebanese in London, not inexpensive”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Shepherd Market is a nice area where some nice restaurants are located. Among them, Al Hamra, a nice Lebanese cuisine one, more elegant (and also more expensive) than an average Lebanese place. Food ok, especially the starters and nice Lebanese wine. As I said, a little bit on the expenmsive side, but the food and the ambience are worth what you pay.

• Visited May 2014