“Food was excellent”

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Enjoyed the food and atmosphere was good. The location was easy to find and the set menu was reasonable value for money but the a la carte was a bit expensive.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I love Japanese food and Kiku didn't disappoint. I dropped in on the off-chance of a table for one on a very busy Sunday night and was accommodated by the smiling staff. I knew pretty much what I wanted, which was the kaiso salad (seaweed salad with a dressing), agedashi tofu and tuna sashimi. Also some hot saki to accompany the food. I have one very small complaint and that is the delightful waitress asked me which order I'd like the food in and my choice was salad followed by tofu followed by sashimi (though I'm not actually fussed and quite like it all to come together), but having asked me she then went off and it came in the wrong order. Now that might sound quite fussy of me, but I don't see the point of asking a customer, checking the order through and then bringing it in the wrong order. This is not a cheap restaurant, but the quality is excellent. I'd definitely go again and I'd order the same food again as it was all delicious.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Kiku is a lovely Japanese Restaurant located on a side street in the Mayfair area of London. We arrived without a reservation and were greeted with a smile and several doting wait-staff. The menu is quite large, and can be confusing, so we ordered food we were familiar with. The sushi and sashimi were extremely fresh and served artfully. The sake (hot) was reasonable and delicious. The staff went out of their way to prepare a vegetarian meal for one of us, which was fresh and tasty. The restaurant was very clean and simply, but fashionably, decorated. I'd recommend this restaurant if you are in the Mayfair district. We were pleased with Kiku.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

i always prefer authentic, traditional Japanese food to some so-called 'innovative' with a 'modern twist', regardless of how many Michlin stars they have. This place is in my top 2 Japanese restaurant in London. Very authentic. It is located near the Japanese embassy so a lot of Japanese people come to this restaurant.

Love the lunch sushi or sashimi set. Shabu shabu is amazing! they have a waitor to assist you at the table!

The only downside is - a little bit expensive - just like so many other Japanese restaurants.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Why anyone would goto itzu when this doesn't cost that much more is beyond me. The fish is extremely fresh and very well presented. My only criticism would be that they use a bit too much wasabi for my taste.