“Packed during lunch”

Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Packed during lunch”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

First time at this restaurant, and had to wait for a few minutes as it was packed during lunch time. I ordered the Kiku set lunch which had quite a good variety and it was served quite promptly. I also had salmon sashimi which was fresh. The food was tasty and reasonable at this simple restaurant right in the middle of Mayfair.

• Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Davao
“Good Tokyo quality”
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Went with my Japanese friend who lives in London and loves good food.
We sat at the counter and left it to the Chef to serve us sashimi followed by sushi. Salad on the side. Excellent selection of Sake. This without any doubt top quality and comparable to the best in Tokyo. We came back 2 nights later for roughly the same menu. Recommendable for lovers of genuine Japanese food. ( not Europeanized)

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“The best authentic sushi and sashimi in London”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have eaten at most of the best Japanese restaurants in Central London and I'm always drawn back to Kiku.
The fish is either bought very early at the market or imported from the best sources - The Japanese owners and their staff are very friendly and helpful and the sushi bar is always populated by regulars and mostly Japanese and Asian customers in the evening.
I eat and entertain by clients there 2-3 times a week and we all love it !
You must book at lunchtimes though.

• Visited December 2013
Moscow, Russia
“our favourite Japanese restaurant in London”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Great and prompt service, fresh delicious food, reasonable prices. We come there every time when we are in London. Highly recommend!

Visited December 2013
England, United Kingdom
“Pretty average”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is a busy restaurant in a handy lunchtime location and seems to get full. However, I found it pretty average. Maybe I don't adequately appreciate Japanese food, The grilled fish was tasty, though the rest of the accompaniments were rather bland. I would not go out of my way to go there, Cost per person for lunch basket c£20.

• Visited November 2013