“Authentic Japanese in London ”
Review of Kiku

Kiku
Ranked #2,312 of 23,357 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Delicious Japanese sushi, grills and tempura. The ambience is too bright for my liking but service is prompt and portions are good value. It's not a posh restaurant given the location but the upside is you see many Japanese people dining here which is a good sign!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Was invited here by clients, so had sushi and miso soup. This was some very nice sushi, but overall pretty unremarkable, and since there are better places for sushi in London, for example Dinings and Miyako, I am not planning on returning.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

First time at this restaurant, and had to wait for a few minutes as it was packed during lunch time. I ordered the Kiku set lunch which had quite a good variety and it was served quite promptly. I also had salmon sashimi which was fresh. The food was tasty and reasonable at this simple restaurant right in the middle of Mayfair.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Went with my Japanese friend who lives in London and loves good food.
We sat at the counter and left it to the Chef to serve us sashimi followed by sushi. Salad on the side. Excellent selection of Sake. This without any doubt top quality and comparable to the best in Tokyo. We came back 2 nights later for roughly the same menu. Recommendable for lovers of genuine Japanese food. ( not Europeanized)

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have eaten at most of the best Japanese restaurants in Central London and I'm always drawn back to Kiku.
The fish is either bought very early at the market or imported from the best sources - The Japanese owners and their staff are very friendly and helpful and the sushi bar is always populated by regulars and mostly Japanese and Asian customers in the evening.
I eat and entertain by clients there 2-3 times a week and we all love it !
You must book at lunchtimes though.