“Consistently good”

Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

One of our favorite Japanese go to restaurants in central London is Kiku. The restaurant is nice, clean, friendly, has everything traditional on the menu and the food is always spot on.

Food: This dinner we ordered tempura udon, tempura soba, two rolls and one soft drink. Everything was exactly what you would expect - delicious! I have never had a bad dinner at Kiku and I've probably tried half the menu.

Price: 45.68 GBP for two people. Yes, one would think that's expensive for noodles and rolls, but nothing in central London is cheap.

Ambiance: Depending on what day you go the restaurant could be filled with Japanese business people or locals. This place is not touristy at all. And when you see Japanese business people in a restaurant you know it's good!

Service: The service at Kiku is always great. The servers are very friendly and attentive.

Would I go back? Yes! As mentioned it's our go to spot for good traditional Japanese food. It's consistently good on all levels and that's hard to find nowadays.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
“Oishii (tasty) but cost lots”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

This Japanese restaurant is easy to find very near Green Park. Many japanese people were eating in so thought it would be good restaurant. Ok, it was. but expensive. Workers there are nice . I didnt know which dish to eat so asked to help me. Friendly waitress gave me advise, I had grilled fish it was very tasty. Cannot go there everyday because of the price but when next time I'm in London, maybe try another dish.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Sam Z
London, United Kingdom
“Authentic Japanese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Kiku is the restaurant of choice for businessmen who work nearby and many Japanese. Feels Japanese from the minimalist decor to the brisk and efficient service. I always have the set lunch (can't remember if it's called a bento box or not, but it's that concept) which is excellent value. Authentic and enjoyable experience for all lovers of Japanese food.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Spinoccio
Dublin, Ireland
“Good but too speedy service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We booked that restaurant on last minute for St Valentin.. The place is quite big, so this is not a typical japanese restaurant. The staff were friendly.
We got the Hanna menu which was good but the service between dishes was far tooo fast for our liking! You barely finished the food that they already brought the next one.. And some of the waiters were a bit clumsy at handling your food.
Atmosphere is more of a bit chain

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Food poisoned at Kiku”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I got severe food poisoning at KIKU after having dinner with my wife on Sunday night. It was a simple meal we had: one order of sushi, one nabeyaki udon each and a bottle of warm sake. I suspect it was the prawn in the udon as my wife did not eat hers. Very disappointing as I am a big Japanese food fan.

• Visited February 2014