“Excellent food and service, would go again.”

Japanese Restaurant Miyama
Reserve with OpenTable
Japanese Restaurant Miyama is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,214 of 24,429 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Visited this restaurant in January for my birthday and found it to be perfect. The staff were very professional and welcoming. The quality of the food was excellent and I would also say reasonably priced, as the bill came to about £65 for the two of us including drinks (no dessert). Service from the kitchen was fast - we ordered a lot of dishes and yet somehow we were in and out of the restaurant within an hour.

The main highlight is that the food is quite varied and unique. If you are a bit adventurous then you will be rewarded by the experience.

1  Thank Paul M

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Nice Sushi and Sashimi for a nice relaxing lunch (better if later missing the main mob of people) - a little pricey, but you can go for the happy hour option just slightly after work too.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The quality of the food here is truly exceptional, not perhaps the innovation you would expect at Nobu, Dinings or Korubuta, but it is rock solid time after time.

Miyama is badly in need of redecorating and the menu seems unchanged over the years but I absolutely love this place. I love that the staff barely speak English, I love that despite well over a hundred visits i have never met anyone from my office. I love that i am not tired of the menu.

Top picks are the Dobin Mushi, the Yoshinagawa sake, the lunch set menu and the Kotubuki from the dinner menu - a selection of their best sushi. Ask if they have uni (sea urchin) which hasn't been available for a while.

Miyama is exceptional value and usually half the clientele are Japanese, which must be a good sign.

1  Thank RadfordJones
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Superb food, excellent service, lovely music and serene atmosphere. If you want a lovely evening with your better half and love Japanese food, this restaurant is for you.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Although I am male, I do have opinions. My wife have stronger opinions and I share them. When she wants to eat Japanese or Thai, I research, find and book the place, but ultimately, her first experience dictastes whether we go back or not. 95% of the time, we don't.

Miyama Japanese Restaurant in Mayfair London is conveniently off Piccadilly, in a quiet street, stylishly decorated in a blend of Japanese and Modern Art. I am getting to it,... the Food is wonderful. This describes aptly the look and tastes of the food magically appearing on our table once we order our favourite dishes. When we entertain our friends and visitors, we can add and try a few more dishes; and the food and the service never lets us down. It is high class but not overly pricey. Well I am definitely not rich, but for the special occasions and gatherings, it is well worth it.

Our favorite dishes are soft shell crab, the tea pot soup, steamed egg (may be off menu but on request will always be served), the Kaisen Salad (interesting textures of salads and seaweeds), to name but a few.