“Great place to stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

georgecro...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 6 October 2018 for a stay in August 2018

The flat was located a few minutes walk from oxford street so all the shops were close by which was nice, and was able to get around central london without much hassle. The flat was clean and John the owner was a lovely guy. Would stay here again.

Your age range 50-64
WallyDog
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great place in a fantastic location!”
Reviewed 16 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018
people found this review helpful

I stayed at this apartment for 4 nights with my husband and sons, aged 7 and 10. The location simply can't be beat! It's two Tube stops away from Leicester Square, which is where we got off for the HOHO bus, Fortnum and Mason, Piccadilly Circus, etc. The Warren Street tube station is literally across the street from the apartment, which was a godsend and the main reason why I chose this particular apartment. I knew after a day of sightseeing when your feet are so tired, no one would want to get off the tube and walk 10 more minutes to our lodging. We simply had to cross the street.
I agree with other reviewers that the bed isn't the most comfortable. It's about time to replace the mattress. Also, the hairdryer seems to only blow cool air. All in all, I'd highly recommend this apartment and I'd definitely stay there again!

pat z
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 11 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017
people found this review helpful

This apartment is clean bright and very conveniently located. Two tube stops within a few blocks. Key hand over worked perfectly;owner very responsive and I had an easy time getting into the apartment. Linens and furniture were first-rate.

My only complaint is that both mattresses were very worn out to the point that you could feel the springs. Other than that it was a perfect stay.

rebeccajc...
Sydney, Australia
“Great location”
Reviewed 28 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

The location is fantastic for exploring London, being close to the British Museum, Oxford Street, etc. The apartment was clean (although hot with no air-con - we were there in July so this may not matter for most of the year), but the building entry was not. Second bedroom is very small and better suited to small children than teenagers. Overall, a good choice if you are not planning on spending too much time in your apartment.

Kitonther...
Berkeley, CA
“Extra space in brilliant location”
Reviewed 14 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

This apartment worked brilliantly for us in spite of a few drawbacks mentioned by other reviewers. I needed to have a large package delivered for me prior to my arrival, and the owner kindly took delivery for me--I was very grateful. There were three of us including my grown son, and though the second bedroom is tiny it was great for my son to have private space. The extra half bath was also a life saver. The living room, too, is very spacious, with a large, functional table and chairs, a good work space if you need one. The bed in the large bedroom is quite soft, which works for some people and not for others. The thing that kept this apartment from getting a higher rating from us is that no one showed us how things worked. We didn't realize the fridge needed to be turned on with a wall switch, and we put frozen things in the freezer which had thawed the next morning. The owner was quite hands off, though we could have called with questions if we'd had them. This works for us, as we're shy! But I know some travelers like to have the feeling of there being a host.

marleney
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Spacious & clean. Worth a look!”
Reviewed 14 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

Area - great area, 2 tube stations very close. Tesco & Sainsbury's in the same block. Lots of restaurants and pubs in the area. We saw a lot of beggars and homeless people. The outside of the building is not well lit. That being said, no one bothered us and we felt safe the entire stay. Try The Court restaurant/pub - great prices and wonderful food!

Apartment Building - A bit dirty. The lobby and hallway needed mopped and vacuumed. The lift is small, only 3-4 people can fit and that is tight. Someone urinated in it twice during our 8 day stay, and the smell was awful. There is a security system for getting in and out, but it seems residents are not careful with who they let in. We also had a fire alarm one night, as we left the building, we heard one resident say false alarms are common. We did not hear much noise from other residents, so the building is fairly quiet.

The apartment - apartment 114, on the 6th floor. We enjoyed staying there. It is spacious and clean. Nice wood floors, not decorated too much. The beds were comfortable. We had trouble getting the sofa bed back in, so left it out the whole time. The windows were easily opened, and the apartment is on an inner courtyard, so street noise is limited. There is a nearby hospital and we heard numerous sirens during the week.

The shower worked well with great water pressure, but was a little hard to get it completely turned off and it dripped so we kept the door shut while sleeping. There is a hallway toilet and sink but there is no ventilation system so it is very hot. I advise keeping that door open while it is not in use. The shower bathroom was also very warm. The kitchen is nice with refrigerator/freezer, oven, dishwasher, tea kettle, pots and pans and dishes, but a lot smaller than it shows in the photos on the listing. We could not figure out how to work the microwave so did not use it.

The washer/dryer is a combo unit that I found hard to figure out. It's also very small. Thankfully, the instruction book was in a kitchen drawer, so that helped. Also, be aware that UK law is that small appliances like hair dryers and straighteners are not to be used in bathrooms, so there are no plugs. There is one in the hallway under a large mirror that worked for drying/styling hair.

Management is responsive and helpful. John answered my emails promptly, politely and friendly. Very easy to work with. I called once about the washer/dryer and Joanna offered to come help me if I couldn't figure it out on my own, but it was not needed. My deposit was refunded 10 days after we left.

My opinion is you can book this apartment with assurance that you will get what you see, in a relatively safe area, but it is a busy area since there are a university, hospital and 2 main underground stations very close. Management is very helpful, so feel free to ask any questions you have!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the roominess of the apartment.
Liked least: the washer/dryer combo and the dirty hallways and lift.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
VivTM
Massachusetts
“Lovely place, a great home away from home with all the accouterments. Super location too!”
Reviewed 17 September 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Our family has taken many vacations together but this was first trip overseas with our 2 older teenagers. We had enough room to spread out and the 2 bathrooms were a bonus. Everything worked and the pictures are exactly what you can expect. 2nd bedroom is very small but the living / dining room makes up for it. Property manager was fantastic and very responsive to our inquiries. As the other reviews noted, the tubes are right across the main street and we were just a few hops from the heart of London. Lots of places in walking distance too - restaurants, bakeries, shops! Best place we ate at, and ate many times, was the Court. Reasonably prices and great food!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: could have been a bit cleaner; floors
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing