“Not able to pe with group bookings.”
Review of The Bollo House

The Bollo House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bollo House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7,183 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Cuisines: European, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Bollo House!Located just a stones throw from Chiswick High Road and Chiswick Park, on the sleepy Bollo Lane, West London, The Bollo is a community centred gastro pub. Our aim is to provide excellent seasonal food, homemade puddings and ice creams and a friendly atmosphere alongside quality wine, beers and spirits. Our team is young, passionate, knowledgeable and above all friendly. We constantly strive to improve the customer experience.We look forward to welcoming you (and your dog!) soon.
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Booked a table for 10 (myself and work collegues) this all went through without a hitch and they seemed ready for us when we arrived.
Staff levels seemed low, and it took a while for our drink and food orders to be taken.
Once this was done, food started to arrive relatively quickly. However one meal from our party was not delivered until everyone else had finished eating, and we had to send a pregnant womans burger back because it was literally raw on the inside. At no point were any of the party who ordered angus burgers asked how they would like the burgers cooked.

The burger was replaced, however at this point the rest of the party was ready to pay and leave.

Really bad service from a restaurant that came so highly recommended.

Will not be booking again.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Recently had a family catch up at the Bollo. Food and staff were excellent. Went on a Monday evening where they have a 50% off evening.
Would recommend this but you do have to book for Mondays and Sundays.
Have been there many times and the food and service puts to shame many high class restaurants.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Visited here meant times. Good for Sunday lunch. Real bargain on Mondays - all mains half price. Hard to choose my favourite meal - burger and fish n chips excellent. Staff are all very friendly. Definitely worth a visit

1  Thank SusieBarb
Reviewed 20 September 2013

we are regulars here, but feel the standards are slipping. seated in a corner, forgotten by waitstaff after the main course was served, i've never seen waitstaff rushing back and forth to kitchen avoiding eye contact with the tables. think they should be careful with all the new foreign hires about attitude and presentation. make the effort, brits lnotice.
portions getting smaller. new ravioli dish was dry and small, chicken piri main course was appetizer size and dry, and quality of the chicken poor. its a mistake to get over confident and think the regulars will remain regulars. they include the tip in the bill, if they did not, we would have halved that.

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went here after ages, it was an old familiar favourite and I've lost the number of times we've been here. They have changed the menu quite a bit. At least I got to try a new starter, I had the duck egg, which was nice, but that's all I can say. The other half had the sardines which he loved. I was disappointed that they replaced the lovely rib eye steak they used to do with a Rump and for the same price! I was in the mood for steak, so ordered it anyway. The portion was literally half the size of the "original" dish, so a little disappointed. I mean the meat was well cooked but I'm a rib eye girl! My partner had the lemon sole, which again he loved. Overall the food was good, portions were small, and the place was very quiet especially on a Saturday summers evening. The service was good.