“Lovely after work bar for a drink and nibbles”

Browns Brasserie & Bar Old Jewry
Ranked #2,872 of 23,697 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$27 - US$67
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went here with my friend last night for a drink after work and some nibbles. There were plenty of tables free downstairs and I was surprised that they offered table service even for drinks. There was a good and varied cocktail menu at fairly standard prices. We also had some of their nibbles type food and they do 3 dished for £11 which was adequate for two people. All food was good, we had harrissa with bread, sweet potato wedges and marinated chicken.

More than anything it's a lovely bar, a bit of a hidden gem, nice place to relax and chat but would also be a decent place for a date as there is plenty of room around the tables, prompt service and they also have amore full menu.

Ollie C, Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar Old Jewry, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed the service you recieved at Old Jewry, it's a real focus for us and it's great to get such positive feedback.

Thank you, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

4 of us had lunch here, great food attentive staff and good wine choice which added up to a very nice lunch, never had a bad experience at a Browns. Had the scallops and the rib eye, both were great.
We never booked stayed a lonnng time, no problem!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

very good service and very relaxing venue. i stopped here for breakfast and coffee. this was well served and also done in a timely fashion.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

An excellent meal in pleasant surroundings, keeping up the usual high Browns standard. Good sized portions and good value considering the location. Straight to table and not much of a wait for our meal to appear.

Our waiter was attentive and helpful without being obtrusive; it was a shame I couldn't leave a more generous tip!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Guys: Going down a bit here. I realised that Browns is not particularly cheap - not expensive but shooting for that upper middle range. But if you are doing to do this, you need to please your diners with good quality food. The food is good, but I can't give it better than that. Also the chain element shows. I don't know how to describe it, only that you know you are in a chain restaurant with a limited and formulaic model. Not bad, but not really doing it for me.

1  Thank winterson66