“Rustic decor, delicious food and BYOB to boot.”
Review of Bintang Restaurant

Bintang Restaurant
Ranked #3,901 of 24,553 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$16 - US$24
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: On Kentish Town Road, Bintang Restaurant serves wonderful fusion food with a blend of Thai, Indonesian, Singaporean and Malaysian cuisines. This welcoming Pan Asian restaurant in Camden has a warm, relaxing ambience. With influences from Indonesia, the Philippines and Japan, the Bintang menu features fusion speciality dishes, along with Thai curries, soups and noodles. The cosy interior features dark wood furnishings, bamboo plants and eclectic artwork. Tasty dishes at Bintang Restaurant include the king prawn curry with coconut milk, lemongrass and lime leaf or whole baked sea bass with banana leaf baked in the oven. There are plenty of vegetarian options, including tofu saut��ed with honey, ginger, coriander and walnuts or chickpeas with green mango. Desserts include unique dishes like lemongrass and cardamom flan or coconut pandan pancakes. Open 7 days a week, Bintang is a family-run restaurant serving delicious Pan Asian cuisine in London's vibrant Camden area.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Ran across this little hole in the wall on a ramble through Camden and decided to stop in for dinner. The staff were a little slow on the uptake but quickly made up for it by being overly attentive to ensure everything was to my liking. The food was delicious and quite economical. The BYOB policy makes this a great spot for a group dinner after an afternoon on Primrose Hill. A return trip is definitely in th cards.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I have visited Bintang restaurant on numerous occasions for their quirky pan Asian cuisine and friendly inviting atmosphere. So you can imagine my excited when I found out they were doing breakfast! Bintang mornings offer a totally different experience to its evenings, but still just as good. The breakfast on offer are your normal classics with an Asian touch. I went for the scrambled eggs on toast with salmon which was a delight and my wife went for the eggs gilli gilli which is similar to an eggs Benedict with a butter based homemade sauce. Again it was lovely. They also served a choice of artisan coffee one of which is an unusual filipino blend roasted in Camden as well as your usual patisseries etc. A lovely and different breakfast experience which definitely deserves another visit if not for the coffee alone!

1  Thank Bensadvice1982
Reviewed 20 May 2013

To the restaurant owner I was here at your restaurant last night that is sunday 19 may 2013
The food was fantastic been here couple off times before but the food was something else tonight I would highly recommend this place who wants to eat food from Malaysia but the service was not great I would recommend for you to train your waiter to be better in customer service but besides that food was
Fantastic thank you bye.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

My husband lived in London about 10 years ago and was a frequent visitor to Bintang. For my birthday a few weeks ago, we visited London to take in a West End show, and, looking for somewhere to eat beforehand, my husband was keen to head back to Bintang to (a) see if it still existed, and (b) to see whether it was as good as he remembered!

We had a fabulous time. We ate early and were the only people in the restaurant, but even so the place still had a lovely atmosphere. The view is by no means scenic, however the quirky decor and laid back jazz music suited our mood perfectly. The waiter was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The restaurant doesn't serve alcohol but we were invited to bring our own for a small corkage fee, so my husband was quickly dispatched to the off license a few doors down! The food was simply delicious. We shared some prawn toast and roti/dips to start, then we both had lamb rendang for mains. I had egg fried rice, my husband had special fried rice. There was more food than we needed, but we ate it all it was so delicious! We'll definitely be back if we're ever in the area.

1  Thank The_Peppin-Hugheses
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My husband and I travelled for an hour to eat at Bintang as we wanted to try the unusual dishes. The decor is quite cool and the music being played was jazz. We ordered a variety of dishes but was disappointed to find out the oishi buns were unavailable. We had the Korean chicken wings which were delightful but every other dish following was a disappointment and the wait in between long. We were seated next to a large table who had been there before we arrived and they still hadn't received their starters even when we'd had our mains. We weren't impressed overall and therefore reluctant to stay for dessert so we left. I wouldn't go back again