“Fantastic”
Review of Cambio de Tercio

Cambio de Tercio
Reserve with OpenTable
Cambio de Tercio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,846 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our family recently much into Spanish Tapas, so we just randomly were passing by and found this little germ. Food is fantastic, wine is great and complimenting the food, staff is extremely friendly,helpful and actually can advice on matching wine for your delicious tapas. We started and ended up with tapas only, as it was so so good. I highly recommend this restaurant, especially for a romantic meal,but book in advance-tends to get very busy!

1 Thank Kristina A

London, United Kingdom
“Unpleasant Experience”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was recommended Cambio de Tercio by a friend so had high expectations before visiting. I left very disappointed with the service we received and the self-absorbed attitude of the staff working there. I went with my girlfriend and we ordered the taster menu, which on the whole was very underwhelming. The majority of the dishes were not anything to write home about, with a couple being actually quite poor. At around £50 a head (without wine), it was certainly not worth the money.

However, it wasn't the quality of the food that disappointed us most about our visit - it was the service. The dishes were thrashed out at a manic pace, which made it hard for us to relax and enjoy them. Our waitress spoke very little English and often resorted to just pointing at the menu when we asked what we were eating. Annoyingly, the staff were in so much of a rush to move us on, that on one occasion my plate was taken away with me still having not finished (the waitress just said 'finish' and took the plate without waiting for a response).

Whilst the service was bad, by far the most irritating thing about the visit was the dismissive, arrogant response to our complaint. Rather than an apology, we were made to feel very uncomfortable by our waitress, who resorted to scowling at us at every opportunity as a response. We refused to pay the service charge and spoke to a man who claimed to be the manager afterwards. Rather than being apologetic, he was painfully defensive and actually blamed myself and my partner for the poor experience - he made comments about how no one had ever complained about the restaurant and patronising comments about how we knew little about eating in those sorts of places. I am always in disbelief when I see a restaurant manager with no notion of customer service whatsoever.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Ryan S
Singapore, Singapore
“Delicious Tapas”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I had a dinner with two friends of mine. We ordered 6 or 7 plates of tapas such as Jamon Iberico and Green Pepper, and all of them were nice. Especially, Jamon Iberico was in good color (deep brown) and we found this ham to be very delicious even before eating. We had two bottles of Spanish red wines with around 40 to 50 GBP, which were good as well. The total cost for three persons was 260 GBP, which was in relatively high side. The performances of meals and wines were good though.

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Special place !”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Spanish food is evolving and getting more interesting by the day. Cambio de tercio is a great, great example of this. Wow! Great food....ambiance was unforgettable and the Duchess of Cambridge was there! Kudos to manager Paco Garcia....what a great host!

1 Thank Foodyfromtheheart
paris
“falling in love with Spain again...”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

great evening at this restaurant located in South Kensington. You can feel that the atmosphere is special right away, staff is smiling, speaking spanish, good mood, goo start.
We had fried calamares, or squids, which were good without being extraordinary, but then came the "merluza a la salsa verde", or cooked in a basque way, which was out this world: cooked to perfection, with clams, shells and light creamy sauce, I don't remember having eating a better one even in Spain. Not cheap (£ 23.50 main course) but is there a price for a great evening ? I recommend, I will come back, I fell in love with Spain again...