“Never fails, perfect for all occasions !!!”
Review of Carmen Tapas

Carmen Tapas
Ranked #1,312 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Clapham / Battersea
Description: Casual
“Never fails, perfect for all occasions !!!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have been going to Carmen's Tapas bar since I moved to London in 2010 and it never fails. The whole experience is fantastic, the menu, atmosphere and service always friendly and can never do enough for you. Anytime family and friends come to London for the first time or to visit; it is the first place I suggest or one that people want to go back to. It has always been a favourite of mine and has also become one of my boyfriend’s since our second date there back in 2011 and have since gone back on many occasions; birthdays, anniversaries and even for Valentines! A great place to for couples, groups and perfect for any occasion!!!! - Please ignore the rating for outdoor space (accidentally clicked on it and couldn’t undo) - The restaurant itself is just off one of the main roads through Clapham so difficult to have much outdoor space - they do have 2 small tables outside the front of the restaurant during the day.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Hannah E

Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Lovely authentic tapas in a warm, friendly atmosphere. Came here after reading previous reviews and was not disappointed. Staff are very helpful and the food is excellent. Would definitely return.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Gretnagreenjean
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic little restaurant ”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I have given this place five stars because they truly provided my friend and I with a very lovely evening. We hadn't booked, so when we arrived at around 8:30pm on a Friday evening we were told there would be a 20 minute wait, but the waiter was so friendly and offered to take our phone number if we wished to go elsewhere for a drink and he promised to call when a table became available. We popped to a bar just down the road and sure enough we got a phone call within no more than 15 minutes. When we arrived back at Carmen we were greeted with another warm and friendly welcome and immediately felt at home.

The restaurant is fairly small, and as with most Spanish venues -they cram in as many tables as they can! This doesn't bother me, because the whole setting is fairly intimate anyway with mood lighting, candles and attentive staff, but it's worth noting in case it's not your sort of thing.

We had a jug of sangria which was extremely tasty -very sweet and fruity, followed by some bread and olives whilst we waited for our paella (20 minutes to cook). They warn you of the long wait for paella, but I love that it's being made fresh and my friend and I had so much to catch up on anyway, so we weren't phased at all! When it arrived it looked and smelled fantastic. We both love paella and are always searching for good places to eat it and this was definitely one place I would recommend.

Although the food was really tasty, I wouldn't necessarily say that it was the best food I've ever eaten, but that's not to say it's bad by any means! It was delicious, but perhaps a 4 star rating rather than 5.. It was the staff and the ambience that bumped my review up a notch -just a top class evening, so a big thank you to the staff for making it that way :)

2 Thank Lali_1991
London, United Kingdom
“Nice little tapas bar”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I go to a Spanish language group opposite this restaurant every Wednesday and always pop in beforehand for dinner after work. I always eat at the bar (how else do u eat tapas???). The staff are friendly and attentive. The menu has a good choice but is not too large. The food is lovely, I always try different dishes and have never been disappointed . I normally arrive when they open at 6pm on a Wednesday, but the bar quickly fills with customers and has a nice atmosphere, a good sign midweek. There are frequently Spanish or Latin Americans in the bar, which is another good sign. The staff always let me practice my Spanish on them, which deserves a tip in itself. I will definitely try and get here on a Friday or Saturday night out..... plus Clapham Common Tube Station is directly opposite, so could not be easier to get to!

2 Thank Gavmeisteruk1
London, United Kingdom
“Favourite restaurant in Clapham”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Fantastic food, staff and atmosphere. What more can you ask for? (My particular favourite is the stuffed peppers)
Whenever I have visitors, I always bring them here because it never disappoints.

Visited March 2014