“Once Ok”

The Crescent Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Crescent Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8,244 of 22,671 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$19 - US$44
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: All day dining restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.
London, England
“Once Ok”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

But I wouldn't go back due to the neighbouthood - its like being in somebody's front room and there is nothing around but houses.

Visited May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
“Afternoon tea extremely disappointing”
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

My friend and I booked afternoon tea on a Groupon Voucher. We travelled by train purely for this experience. We were truly disappointed.......mainly by the quality of the food. As the tiered plate was presented.....I could see the cakes were very sad looking, and the sandwiches.....well......the bread was dry in places.....like bread goes when its been out on a plate for a long time at the end of a party!! Some of the fillings were unrecognisable in look and taste! I did tell our waiter about the bread....and he did offer to bring fresh ones.....but the fillings put us off anyway! The scones and cakes were heavy and dry......and certainly not fresh or appertising. Needless to say we didnt eat much. The pot of tea was good though! On leaving we werent asked if everything was ok, or bid goodbye. The toilets at the rear oc reception, smelt of sewers and were dark nd hot and stuffy. Finally upon leaving, the doorman was so busy chatting to someone....he forgot to do his job....until i opened the door wide and he stuck his handout to keep hold of it, he didnt even stop chatting to say goodbye......how rude! Overall.....not good.....I would have been even more cross if I had paid full price for this.....but the whole experience wasnt worth the £30 train journey each. We were made to feel because it was voucher deal.....we werent worth good food and service. And i wouldnt be convinced othertwise.

Buckingham, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Came to celebrate my husbands birthday with my daughter, the tea was cold, sandwiches soggy, cheap and stale, scones like bullets, pastries had seen better days, cream and jam cheap. Worst afernoon tea we have ever had staff most unhelpful and never came back to see if we wanted anymore sandwiches etc the answer would have been definately NO!

Windsor, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We purchased a Groupon voucher for afternoon tea with prosecco and we were very disappointed with the standard of this meal. The sandwiches were little more than a thin spread of paste or some indiscernable concoction on finger sandwiches which seemed very cheap and nasty. The cakes were little more than sponge type squares of larger cakes cut up which could really have been bought anywhere. The scones were very nice but the rest was very disappointing and certainly not worth even the amount paid on the Groupon voucher which was 50% of the original cost. The original cost would have been around £70.00 for the 2 of us. This would have been a ridiculous amount to pay - thank goodness it was half price!!

Lugano, Switzerland
“terrible breakfast!!!”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed at Montacalm and the breakfast was the worst experience of my life! The waitress was really unprofessional, she couldn't speak clearly because she was mumbling instead of speaking. My girlfriend ordered muesli with fresh fruits but she got plain muesli. I ordered two eggs benedict and I end up to have serious food poisoning!! When we ask for the bill everything was overprice and the waitress wasn't able to count the money. Never again there!!!!

1 Thank realswiss