“Simple and Tasty”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was working and staying nearby and on my quest to find a place to eat I happened across this place. The weather was beautiful and the waiter offered me a table outside. Eating alone is sometimes a bit of a worry for me but the staff were friendly but left me alone with my kindle, food arrived quickly, I had pasta arribiatta and a green salad, was well Cooked and presented and the white wine was chilled to perfection. My meal with wine was 18 pounds which i think is good value for the area, service charge is added which I'm not used to but still good value. I'll be staying in the area quite a lot and will certainly visit again

1  Thank sauvignontank

Reviewed 3 August 2014

After reading the reviews we were looking forward to what turned out to a very average meal. The staff are friendly and the ambiance is ok. We had booked a show so were a little concerned that things would stretch out. They didn't in fact the meals came a little to quickly to be freshly cooked. Mine was so hot, not freshly cooked hot but that heat that comes from something kept slightly over heated. Shame. Not the experience we were expecting.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Went for a pre-ballet dinner with my wife, and was delighted with all aspects. The pasta with italian sausage was the best I have ever eaten, and the buffalo mozzarella was creamy and luscious - my wife had seafood pasta and enjoyed immensely. The menu is short - speaks of their confidence in their food - but every mouthful a delight. We cannot wait to return and try some more dishes! Book early btw - we arrived at 5, but by 6.30 the place was heaving and new arrivals had to wait 45 minutes for a table.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have had great success in the past following recommendations of Trip advisor. However this time it didn't work. I was very disappointed with the quality of food and service. I really struggle to understand why people give this restaurant a big rating. considering the food and service I thought that the meal was very expensive.

1  Thank Jerry O
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Five of us lunched here without a booking and it was a lucky find. Service was friendly and efficient and there was an excellent choice of dishes. We were all pleased with both the starters and the main courses but one person's Lemon sole was particularly noteworthy.

Restaurants around this area can be vastly over-rated but this is an unpretentious place with good food at reasonable prices.