“So little food, So much money”
Review of Defune

Defune
Ranked #11,234 of 23,994 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We went to Defune on a friends recommendation - know I know better than to listen to him!! The food was good, no question about that - but the bill was GBR140 for two with no alcohol - and we were hungry when we left!! I was disappointed.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

It's difficult to find good sushi in London. Defune was enjoyable and I did enjoy the sushi. However, it is much too expensive. Considering what it is, it is overly priced. If the prices were lowered, it would be much better and probably more busy. The interior was also a bit clinical and depressing, it was a bit cold inside and there was a bad smell which didn't make the atmosphere too enjoyable.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Considering what you are being charged, the interior of this restaurant suggests a rather modest place. Rather a charmless joint one would pop in for a quick lunch. I opted for a place round the (Japanese) sushi chefs, just like you would in Tokyo. I ordered among most expensive sushis on the menu: Fatty tuna, octopus, flying fish roe, scallop, together with one daily special (eel) and a roll. I had two glasses of beer. This cost med 100 pounds, before tipping. The food was good, but worth it pricewise – I would say no. Service was pleasant and attentive.

1  Thank Hanica
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I love Japanese food and service.This is not what you get at Defune!
Hot towel smells mildew, table is sticky, service is foreign in a bad way: order taken, hardly a smile.
Food is average, unacceptable for the price. Black cod is at the same price than Roka for half the pleasure...

2  Thank havelarm
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My wife heard that this place had unparalleled Japanese cuisine. I took her to lunch. We had 3 starters and 2 main courses. All the dishes were small and not particularly tasty at all. Infact despite our good appetites we did not finish the dishes as they did not titillate the palette. The service was indifferent at best and the atmosphere was dull beyond words. I will avoid places like this in future.

2  Thank Vieta_11