“Excellent ”

Duke of Cambridge
Ranked #6,664 of 24,683 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Clapham / Battersea
Description: The Duke of Cambridge has been providing sustenance for the good people of Battersea since 1890. Whilst the horse drawn omnibuses are long gone, you can still find us on the doorstep of Battersea Park offering a welcoming blend of tradition with a modern twist, plus cask ales, craft beers and fine wines, and a locally sourced, seasonal menu. Our beautiful Lavender Room is also available for parties and meetings. So pop in and say hi to the team, and have a look around our website for a sneaky peek.
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

Always top staff and a nice atmosphere. Nice decor and decent food. Very good pub for a calm drink in the week. My old mother likes this pub and she hates pubs so that's a real seal of approval.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

This was the perfect friendly place to meet up with our friends while we were in London.
Offering great pies, fish and chips and all your regular pub food we thought the food was great as was the atmosphere..

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Popped in for a bottle of wine with a friend having moved to the area recently. Staff were friendly and fun. won't be the last bottle of wine I have in there!

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

We went for Sunday roast. They don't offer a chicken or turkey roast, just beef, pork or nut roast.

The staff were really lovely and handled my gluten allergy very well.

However both the beef and pork roasts had VERY chewy cuts of meat and I found many of the veg soft on the outside and hard in the middle.

We asked to change the beef as it was so chewy we couldn't eat it and the staff were exceptionally good about it; I can't fault the staff at all.

The pub has a nice relaxed and friendly feel to it and you'll get great service, but I would avoid the roast meat.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Had lunch on Saturday 23rd July for the first time since it has changed hands. late lunch, so certainly not busy. Food took 48 minutes and was wrong when it did arrive. Woman taking orders at the bar, has a lot to answer for in customer service, no smile, no understanding who the customer is and how to treat people and the most unwelcoming visit to a pub in my life. I rarely post on Trip Advisor, but i complete disaster from drinks to food...that is the end of family and friends to the pub for the moment. Lucky i have given even one star rating

Thomas L, Manager at Duke of Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Hi AJ
Sorry to hear that you had such an awful time with us, I would like to discuss this issue more with you , can you please provide your e-mail address so that i can message you directly?
Tom Learmont