“Family gathering after a funeral”
Review of Duke of Cambridge

Duke of Cambridge
Ranked #7,003 of 25,075 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Clapham / Battersea
Description: The Duke of Cambridge has been providing sustenance for the good people of Battersea since 1890. Whilst the horse drawn omnibuses are long gone, you can still find us on the doorstep of Battersea Park offering a welcoming blend of tradition with a modern twist, plus cask ales, craft beers and fine wines, and a locally sourced, seasonal menu. Our beautiful Lavender Room is also available for parties and meetings. So pop in and say hi to the team, and have a look around our website for a sneaky peek.
Reviewed 29 April 2017

We chose the Duke of Cambridge as the location for my fathers wake as it was close to the church. From the outset the staff were friendly and keen to discuss our exact requirements at this difficult time. Nothing was too much trouble and on the day everything we asked for was provided, including jellied eels and pork pies! We chose a high tea which was dads favourite, the sandwiches and cakes were delicious. The Lavender Room was beautifully laid out. The service at the bar and with our food was exceptional and the staff were very sensitive at this sad time.
I would have no hesitation in recommending The Duke of Cambridge for this type of event.

1  Thank Clare H
DukeofCambridgeMgr, General Manager at Duke of Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Hi,
we are so pleased that we met your expectations, I will pass on your lovely comments to the team.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Dropped in for some lunch and to use the free fast wifi

Pizza was tasty and a good size

Slightly expense but you are in Camden high street and the market

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

It's a calm lunch time environment.
Food is nice and staff are attentive.
Only downfall was the dog pottering about inside the pub while we were eating our lunch, thats a big put off for me.

DukeofCambridgeMgr, Manager at Duke of Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Hi Tina, I am very pleased that you had a nice time at The Duke. We do advertise as a Dog Friendly place but we ask all our customers to keep their pets on a lead at all times, so they certainly should not be pottering around. I'll talk to the staff about this and ensure it does not happen again. I do hope you will come again and I apologise for the error.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

I was living nearby when I went there for the first time. Great staff, great Sunday roast. It's a cozy and lovely place full of nice people. ❤️

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

Always top staff and a nice atmosphere. Nice decor and decent food. Very good pub for a calm drink in the week. My old mother likes this pub and she hates pubs so that's a real seal of approval.