“Fab Sunday Lunch”

Duke of Cambridge
Ranked #6,821 of 25,464 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Clapham / Battersea
Description: The Duke of Cambridge has been providing sustenance for the good people of Battersea since 1890. Whilst the horse drawn omnibuses are long gone, you can still find us on the doorstep of Battersea Park offering a welcoming blend of tradition with a modern twist, plus cask ales, craft beers and fine wines, and a locally sourced, seasonal menu. Our beautiful Lavender Room is also available for parties and meetings. So pop in and say hi to the team, and have a look around our website for a sneaky peek.
Reviewed 4 March 2018

A great local pub, the reviews about the food becoming better are spot on. The boys in the kitchen know what they're doing. Fantastic burger, rustic veggies in the roast, interesting sausage and mash and generous kids meals. A lovely white Rioja and attentive and personal service.

kimberley C, General Manager at Duke of Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi Katherine,

thanks for your lovely comments and hope to see you again soon......

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Just by chance I called in and the food is great, the atmosphere peaceful and relaxing apart from a great buzz at lunchtime - which equally is brilliant. The service is kind and swift - Kimberely always there to help

Hi Sam,

I remember you coming in with your dog. You told me you had just moved into the neighbourhood. I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. See you soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My first time here and I was pleasantly surprised.

I had the roast beef Sunday lunch. I asked for medium cooked beef but it was more like well-done with no signs of any pinkness.

However, the rest of the meal made up for this with each vegetable uniquely spiced adding extra depth to a traditional meal.

The Malbec was an ideal accompaniment drink.

I’d happily eat here again and perhaps try the roast lamb next time.

1  Thank Redalfa147
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Well located close to Battersea Park. Beautifully quaint pub and restaurant with great (albeit expensive) breakfast and dinner. Staff are wonderfully warm, and mulled wine excellent!

Thoroughly recommend!

1  Thank joe o
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Came in for a nice drink with friends, admittedly we sat at a reserved table because it was 45 minutes after the booking so we thought they may be no shows, 15 minutes later the waitress came over and pointed out that the table was reserved and that the couple were on their way, she demanded that we move, a reasonable request but very rudely delivered.

2  Thank Lucy R
DukeofCambridgeMgr, Manager at Duke of Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

I'm so sorry that you were not happy with the way you were treated. Obviously when tables are booked we need to ensure that the requested table is available when the guests arrive. I will look into your complaint and ensure that situations like this are handled properly in future. Thank you for the review, we view all feed back, good and bad, as an opportunity to improve. I hope you will return and give us a second chance.