“gaucho grill hampstead”

Price range: US$56 - US$98
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Tube: Hampstead
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
Reviewed 7 April 2014

very good steak restaurant.consistant on all fronts.service,quality,people,choice.visit regularly.never disappointed.focus on families on sundays-'bring your pet dog/s'

2  Thank Stuart L

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The steaks are great, and the service and the dining experience is worth a visit. The meat board that the waiter shows to you to help choose your steak is excellent. The interior decor is fantastic, and although it is very pricey, it's a great place to go for dinner and fill up on gorgeous red meat!

2  Thank Augustuscalv
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Having not been to Gaucho Hampstead for several years, I was tempted back when I heard of their Doggy Sundays - a unique day out with your dog - which I went to in March with my mum and our dog who loved it! It was so much fun and considering how many dogs were in attendance not the chaos I had imagined it might be! The set menu lunch at £35 (including a glass of champagne) was also great value and delicious. And the staff were so lovely and attentive, I decided to go back for dinner with my husband for dinner a few weeks later.

I agree with some of the other reviews it is very expensive (and a bit too dark which makes it hard to read the menus), but I think you are paying for the quality of the food, service and ambience. We loved the sleek and sexy sophistication of the place - it felt like being in the west end - and the food is amazing (probably the best steak ever tasted). The place is also run with almost military precision by the very charming manager Jorge and all the staff were so friendly and knowledgeable it made the dining experience a real pleasure.

I am glad to have rediscovered this North London gem - oh and did I mention the open fire terrace - Gaucho Hampstead really has that wow factor and makes for a stylish evening out with excellent service and hospitality - have recommended to lots of friends!

2  Thank Sangeeta L
Reviewed 27 March 2014

If you want a cheap unforgettable meal then Gaucho is not for you - head to Cafe Rouge down the road.

If you want a fantastic steak, a great wine list and friendly knowledgable staff then you're in the right place. The theme is Argentina - steaks, ceviches, empanada's and great Malbec's. Yes it is expensive, but this is Hampstead. And it's worth it.

The staff visit Argentina so know what they're talking about regarding their wines. The manager is fantastic - nothing is too much trouble and the setting is very romantic. The barman knows his cocktails - really whats not to love?!

I regulalrly visit Gaucho as Hampstead is limited in its finer dining options and I cannot fault it.

Great for a date/special occasion or if you just want a really decent steak!

Tip - In summer the terrace is open and wonderful to have a drink. In winter outside seating is available for BBQ evenings and cocktails.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We've always been fond of Gaucho in Hampstead and visit a couple of times a year at least. On our most recent visit, the menu layout had changed - it seemed to be overly complicated and the smaller sized steaks had disappeared.

The prices had been hiked up considerably - we ordered a main course each, bottled water, a beer, a couple of side orders and the bill was £75+

The steaks were good - although not exactly cooked to order. The side orders of fries were very small.

After our main course plates were removed, we were given dessert menus but nobody came to ask us if we wanted anything. It took us ages to get the bill, it was difficult to attract anyone's attention.

All in all lack lustre food and service - Gaucho needs to raise its game!

Other issue is that they could improve the lighting for daytime diners.