“Einstein would have loved it!”

Indian Veg Bhelpuri
Ranked #1,677 of 24,429 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I've been visiting this great curry buffet for years.... it held it's price at £2.99 for absolutely ages and even at the grossly inflated (laughs) cost of £4.99 it's still the best veggie deal in London.

The decent selection of curry and 3 kinds of rice would be amply good enough but there's starters and other bit's and bobs too so tuck in.

They used to sell ales and ciders but that's gone now - but you're welcome to bring your own with no corkage charge. Nice.

What I really like about this place is the entertaining veggie 'propaganda' on every wall and flat surface within the restaurant.... some of which is genuinely funny. Definitely worth a read so I alternate tables each visit to enable this.

I'd prefer the option of adding my own salt at the table if required rather than the chef deciding how much I'll ingest - but that minor criticism aside this is still one of the best veggie curry experiences in the UK... at ANY price.

And I didn't know of this Albert Einstein quote until reading it today on the wall of Indan Veg: "Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our nature. If the whole world adopts vegetarianism, it can change the destiny of humankind".

I think the great man would have loved this restaurant!

Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Really nice food, paneer on Wednesdays.
Great little place on Chapel Market. As a cabbie, I've brought many people here in the past and came for my first visit today, highly recommended.
No alcohol license so bring your own booze.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Love, love, LOVE it. Great food. Insane price. Friendly staff. Lots of interesting, informative facts everywhere and to top it off, old pictures of when the Miss Philippines contestants came to eat there (I'm half Phil so love that pride!).

I go here whenever I'm in the area or when I'm a little ill and need some good Indian food to sort out my head.

I might go today...

Reviewed 7 February 2013

For anyone visiting London, this is the best place to fill up on high quality, healthy and tasty food. You can eat as much vegetarian curry as you wish for under £5, with a salad bar and a range of drinks. I've been going almost weekly for years, and have rarely ever been disappointed (if ever? I really can't remember if I was). Don't be fooled by high cost takeaways of main drag restaurants, because up side streets like Chapel Market, you can find brilliant and affordable places to eat. If I was backpacking, this is somewhere I would come every day.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

I've been there twice and am planning to go back. The staff have always been incredibly nice - and they won't shy of talking about their 27 year presence in that area. Love the quirky signage on the walls (special attention to the toilet) and the food is reasonalbe - mind you this is incredibly cheap! It's almost like a pie & mash shop - they do one thing (vegetarian affordable food) and they do it incredibly well!

1  Thank elvia v