“Pitiful array of food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The restaurant is covered with tongue-in-cheek posters promoting vegetarianism. Most of them are not particularly funny and they make the place look garish.

The food is watery and cold. They have a BYOB policy but I only wanted a soft drink and was shocked to see the prices of even a bottle of water.

Don't bother with this place.

1  Thank Connoneill
There are newer reviews for Indian Veg Bhelpuri

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I ate here after reading a positive review online. The best thing to be said about the food is that it was edible enough. I ate at just after 6pm, quite early in the evening, so I was most displeased that the food was mostly cold/luke warm.

I am a vegetarian but I found the strange wall displays about how marvellous vegetarianism is to be quite overbearing. If you were trying to convince someone of the merits of a vegetarian diet then this would be the wrong place to take them.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

It's self service and all you can eat. It works. They do the same stuff since 10 years but it's healthy and cheap. If you're looking for an elegant restaurant or a good service don't go there. If you want to bring your vegetarian new girl there don't do that. The atmosphere is really old but if you want to save money and eat healthy, especially if you are vegetarian that's a good choice!

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I've been visiting this great curry buffet for years.... it held it's price at £2.99 for absolutely ages and even at the grossly inflated (laughs) cost of £4.99 it's still the best veggie deal in London.

The decent selection of curry and 3 kinds of rice would be amply good enough but there's starters and other bit's and bobs too so tuck in.

They used to sell ales and ciders but that's gone now - but you're welcome to bring your own with no corkage charge. Nice.

What I really like about this place is the entertaining veggie 'propaganda' on every wall and flat surface within the restaurant.... some of which is genuinely funny. Definitely worth a read so I alternate tables each visit to enable this.

I'd prefer the option of adding my own salt at the table if required rather than the chef deciding how much I'll ingest - but that minor criticism aside this is still one of the best veggie curry experiences in the UK... at ANY price.

And I didn't know of this Albert Einstein quote until reading it today on the wall of Indan Veg: "Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our nature. If the whole world adopts vegetarianism, it can change the destiny of humankind".

I think the great man would have loved this restaurant!

Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Really nice food, paneer on Wednesdays.
Great little place on Chapel Market. As a cabbie, I've brought many people here in the past and came for my first visit today, highly recommended.
No alcohol license so bring your own booze.