“Nasty Food & Terrible Service!!”

Jai Krishna Indian Vegetarian
Ranked #2,758 of 23,707 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2014

No offence to the people that have given this place 4/5 stars but surely you must be kidding!!

Having read the good reviews I thought me and my husband would love this place as we love good quality indian food. So we decided to go one evening and was really looking forward to going. But my excitement turned to my worst experience ever as soon as we walked in the door.

The place was a pigsty (dirty tables and food on the floor). We were not even greeted by the three men standing at the back of the restuarant as they looked like they couldn't cope with the amount of people in this small place.

We took a sit (after having to move plates & glasses already left there by pervious customers). At this point we thought lets still try the food as it sounded yummy! How wrong was I?

We had to wait for over an hour just for our starter and another hour after that for our main. And it was disgusting. Caked in oil and absolutely no flavour! I knew then that we were not going to get a nice main and I was right. Eventhing looked like it came from a tin or had been frozen. It was floating in water/grease. I feel ill even talking about it now!

I wouldn't even feed that kind of food to my dog and to be honest even he would of turned his nose up to it.

The service was really bad and the staff were very rude and unapproachable.

I was glad to leave this place
and never return again! There are tons of other better quailty indian restuarants in London that give good food and great service so please don't waste your money here as they don't derserve it.

4  Thank Angel2032

Reviewed 19 February 2014

South Indian affair, very busy with locals even on a Monday night.
I visited about 8 years ago whilst I was still living up North and had a pretty poor experience, which at the time I put down to having too high expectations, having grown up and lived in Bradford for 23 years.

First impressions were of a pleasant scent - always a good sign -plus loads of people.
Food on offer is pretty cheap and varied. All veggie.

We ordered a Chilli Paneer, Spinach Daal and an Okra curry.

Gotta say, following my review of Rasa's the other week as being the "worst curry I've ever had" - I think we have another contender.

The curry was so bland that I had to ask for extra chillies - To which the guy replied "we don't have any spare chillies".
WOW - a curry house with no chillies. Great.
He gave us some "green chilli chutney" which when added to the meal actually made it taste of something other than salt and vegetable stock. Still poor though.

The chapattis were cold because our food had been sat on the little hatch waiting to come to our table for about 7 or 8 minutes, whilst 2 guys behind the bar/kitchen messed around putting glasses away.. I told the guy the breads were cold and he promptly took them and brought them back piping hot about 30 seconds later - fresh from the microwave.

There was an overwhelming taste of clay throughout the food, which was pretty awful.

The Chilli paneer tasted like Ratatouille - absolutely no lie.
It's like there was no spices used in any of the food.

To top off the whole experience, the waiters don't even actually wait on you. They give you the menus, plus a little pad and pen, and you have to write your own order down and take it to them! So bad!
In fact, I just read what I wrote then again.. That's just absurd.

Also they have an old picture with a Bovril print on it - which is stupid for a veggie restaurant.

The only cool thing about Jai Krishna is that it's a BYOB, and directly across the street is Jack's Off Licence.
Jack's sells pretty much the best selection of craft beers, ales and lagers available in London.
Even Saltaire Brewery and obscure US microbrewery beers are sold here.

£17 for us both - No tip of course because they did nothing.

All in all 2/10 because Jack's is across the road and I could drink Saltaire beer.

1  Thank mdotpasq
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Delicious food (and light compared to other Indian restaurants), you have a long menu full of cheap dishes from which to choose. We've paid 50£ for 5 people having loads of starters and main dishes!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The food is good but average and a bit greasy (digestion can be a challenge...!).
It can be a bit noisy in the room as people bring their own bottles and can abuse it.
Otherwise it's very cheap, our bill was 32£ for 3 people.
(also they don't acept credi card)

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

This is a local gem than I return to time and again. Simple and tasty vegetarian food. You write your order down yourself, and then with very little fuss and nonsense you are served freshly prepared and delicious dishes. One or two of the dishes can be a little oily, but it is none the less very tasty. I recommend popping over to the off licence across the road first (it's BYO); the friendly owner stocks an eye-wateringly brilliant array of beers, you will be spoilt for choice.