“good variety sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of K10

K10
Ranked #3,062 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: City of London
“good variety sushi”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I have been a fan of K10 for years since I have been working in the City. Its a conveyor belt sushi restaurant but quality of the food makes this place stand out.

Food: The Japanese cuisine is good here. Fresh, interesting variety, not just sushi or sashimi but also hot dishes and interesting takes on sushi. And you can always request what you want if you don't see it. I love the variety which floats by where you can see the dishes being offered vs just reading a description. You can also order things from a menu. I also like that its not just pure sushi or sashimi pieces, it is slices of sashimi with ponzu sauces and textured toppings, or with spicy Korean sauce or with a soy yuzu sauce. These sashimi style dishes you normally get from high end sushi restaurants, you can get in small tasting portions here. I also liked the cooked items such as the spicy fried calamari, perfect pan fried dumplings, and tempura crab or shrimp or veggies. They also have some nice looking desserts there but I never make it to dessert as I fill myself up trying all of their interesting dishes. Definitely a good variety, presentation and availability of the dishes you want, all made in front of you.

Service: Quick service there. They do a great job turning around the tables and the wait (unless you come at 12.20!) is never too long. Waiters are friendly and get you whatever you need, but you rarely need to interact with them unless you need order something. That being said they are always around and accessible, they clear the dishes often so there isn't clutter in your seating area. They are always pleasant to deal with. The place relies on turnover at lunch but you go in knowing this and don't waste time by dawdling unnecessarily but that being said, I have never felt rushed and pressured to leave.

Prices: This place isn't cheap and in fact its a bit pricey for an every day lunch. For one person I would pay about £25 for about 6 dishes to fill me up. (splitting the check here is easy, you pay what you ate)

Ambiance: This is a bar set up and the seats are fairly close so probably not appropriate for a business meeting where being overheard is a concern. The place has a nice bustling vibe. There are self service water spouts at every table for still or sparkling water, and wasabi / soy sauce / ginger all sits in an embedded space in the bar so maximizes room for you to eat and accrue dishes with. Its a relaxed place for an enjoyable lunch.

Visited August 2014

London, United Kingdom
“My favourite lunch place!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I started working in the City from this summer. I found this restaurant in basement. I normally eat on my own, so sometime put me off to go to restaurant for lunch. But this place I feel different. I sat on the counter and immediately a friendly staff approached me and helped me with my order. There's a so many variety on the menu not only sushi but also hot food. I recommend this place for quick tasty lunch. They are always busy, so the manager suggested come before 12pm or 2pm avoid the queues.

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing sushi, quick lunch”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I've been here a few times for lunch, there is always so much variety and choice from cold dishes on the conveyor to hot food bought to you by very friendly staff. It's very quick service and very reasonably priced. There is always a wye out the door for the takeaway and you have to get there at 12 for lunch which shows how good it is! Will definitely be returning many many times!

• Visited June 2014
UK
“Impolite waitress!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Went along with friends for lunch. Staff were welcoming. Food was nice but felt it was overpriced.
The one big thing that would stop me returning though is the attitude of one of the waitresses. She was fine until it came to sorting the bill. It was delivered to our table then she just stood there. There were a few of us so we wanted to review the bill, this seem to frustrate her. A couple of us paid by card which prompted some eye rolling. She then went off to the till and said something to her colleague who then looked over. Totally unprofessional. It's a shame as all the other staff couldn't be faulted.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank NichaUk
“Some of it edible”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This has a quite nice place to sit, but mostly it's for a quick bite during lunch on a busy day in the city. Most of the food is edible, especially the teriyaki salmon, but the quality is really poor. The vegetables are barely cooked and not fresh as for the oil they're using... I'd suggest going behind the restaurant on Sun Street passage to have a smell... if that won't kill you... then why not sit at the restaurant itself... I give it more than one start simply because it is slightly better than the rest of the fast food around the area

Visited July 2014