“Most outstanding meal I've had in the last 2 years!”
Review of La Trompette

La Trompette
Reserve with OpenTable
La Trompette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 24,678 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$31 - US$64
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chiswick
Description: La Trompette opened in 2001 and serves some of the best food in London but without the formality or prices associated with the capital’s top end establishments.We closed at the beginning of 2013 for a complete refurbishment, and have expanded to include a brand new kitchen, private dining and improved customer facilities. The new appearance has not changed the focus of the restaurant. The aim is as it always has been, to give all our guests the best possible dining experience from start to finish.
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Utterly fantastic-the atmosphere, service and food. The meal was honestly stunning from start to finish, we tried on the off chance for Sunday lunch and managed to get in despite having our two children with us and were still treated beautifully. The courses were beautifully constructed with the freshest most seasonal veg and adorable flowers.I loved how they didn't pander to the children with the usual idiotic options and instead offered them guinea fowl which they both adored.This place literally has to be my new favourite in London, if not worldwide!!!!!!!!Do not hesitate to go.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Took my mum for lunch on a weekday.
Lovely as ever, only gripe would be that the service was a bit slow once they filled up for lunch and we had to signal a couple of times to order dessert, wine etc.
We probably should have told them that we were in a bit of a rush.
BUT, reliable, great food and super atmosphere as usual. Why go to the West End when this is on your doorstep ? !

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I have been to La Trompette several times since it was refurbished back in January. Each time I haven't been disappointed by the food or service. La Trompette is one of the few restaurants that manages to deliver amazing service whilst maintaining a relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant is perfect for special occasions but is not stuffy and has a real neighbourhood feel to it.

Both the lunch and dinner menus offer great value and the wine list has a wide selection of wines for all tastes and budgets. I cannot fault the food since their new chef joined from The Square in Mayfair at the start of the 2013. The food is seasonally delicious and well-presented. I always like to try something different on the menu but I would particularly recommend the short rib of beef and soufflé from the dessert menu. One of the nice things about this restaurant is that the menu is seasonal and constantly changing so you will always manage to try something new.

I am not surprised that this restaurant has only a handful of poor reviews. Some of the negative feedback has been regarding selection, portion sizes, the wine list and service but from my experience, the waiting staff are very attentive and always seem to go that extra mile to keep customers happy (with a special mention to our waiter, Angelo). The portion sizes are also perfect and the wine list is probably one of the most affordable restaurant wine lists I have ever come across. The menu is on one page but the selection is diverse meaning that you'd struggle not to find something that appeals to even the fussiest person!

In summary, I regard La Trompette as the best restaurant in Chiswick. Both the food and service are outstanding and cannot be compared to other restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I´m not sure if my expectations when eating at a M star restaurant are out of sorts...... The service was excellent, welcoming and attentive.... for example, my husband has a wheat allergy and asked what were the options available to him from the fixed price menu (45 pounds and good choices) and was told that whatever he chose would be adapted for him..... the food was very good but not spectacular.... We ate on a Thursday night and the restaurant was full with a good atmosphere... clearly a popular choice for work type dinners. Smart dress best option. I would recommend the fish mains. One tiny tiny niggle... or at least to me it seemed slightly strange.... We had white wine with our meal and after being shown the bottle it was then removed and returned in some sort of Karafe... when asked why I was told that the wine was not cold enough..... my only thought was that I should be the one to decide that and for whatever reason I quite like having my bottle of white chilling in a cooler next to me... maybe I´m out of date!!!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

but this is not one of them. The first time we ate here we had made what seemed a very adventurous trip to the extreme outer suburbs, the second time we were living only a few hundred yards away and the third time, the other day on a Wednesday at lunch-time, we simply wanted lunch and, without booking, went here. They assured us of a table in 20 minutes - the place was full - and they delivered on the promise. We have never been disappointed by the food here - it is of a uniform excellence alongside a number of similar establishments and we certainly have no quarrel with the portion size, indeed finding them almost on the too-generous size. On saying this to the maitre, she said that more often than not people commented on the smallness. Our conclusion is that there must either be some very greedy or very hungry people out there. Where this restaurant really scores though, despite the Frenchman's gripe below, is on its wine-list. Increasingly lists in places like One O One and L'Etranger, two recent meals for us, have almost nothing below £40. This spoils the meal for us as we do not want to spend that much on something not very special at all. La Trompette has a good selection below £30 - probably two dozen plus - and we had a really nice Macon-Cruzille at £23. OK, this seems quite a lot but given that the economics of a restaurant are usually just bonkers, I thought it very democratic. If only other places would cotton on to the fact that some of us, over a leisurely lunch, would drink more if the prices were more user-friendly then I suspect their wet-sales (and profit) would increase.