“An excellent local restaurant in West London”
Review of La Trompette

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chiswick
Description: La Trompette opened in 2001 and serves some of the best food in London but without the formality or prices associated with the capital’s top end establishments.We closed at the beginning of 2013 for a complete refurbishment, and have expanded to include a brand new kitchen, private dining and improved customer facilities. The new appearance has not changed the focus of the restaurant. The aim is as it always has been, to give all our guests the best possible dining experience from start to finish.
Reviewed 29 June 2016

Basically, French cooking, always interesting menu, good service and a broad selection of good quality wines. Consistently high standard which is why the people of Chiswick have been going to La Trompette in numbers for years now - it is reliable and rarely fails.

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Fantastic restaurant for lunch or dinner. Have visited previously and can highly recommend it. Great menu and reasonable value. Extensive wine list. As usual with nice restaurants, once you add the wine and drinks this pushes the price up, but this is expected. Very professional staff and not in your face but there if you need them. The cheese board was to die for.

Highly recommend

Reviewed 28 June 2016

This restaurant never disappoints. My wife and I went for lunch and I was pleased to see they have started to offer a 5 course taster menu, and at £49 I think a bit of a bargain. I also had the matching wines for £30. Every dish was faultless and the sauces had such depth. The matching wines were so varied and really did match the food brilliantly, so I have to say hats off to the sommelier - a french man who gave me wines ranging from Devon to California! I always look forward to their souffles with the ice cream quenelle plopped in the middle. Beautiful!

1  Thank 244TimB
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Had the dinner time degustation and enjoyed every course, which is unusual for me. Also I wasn't too full at the end which tells me the portion sizes are spot on.
Service, wine list and ambiance all too end and overall I found this to be a top experience, albeit priced accordingly.
Will return when next in the area.

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

Invited by a business partner I tried this restaurant not far from my office in the UK. Atmosphere is the right one, relaxed and not too formal, still the place has a good appeareance and is ok to organize formal business dinner or a romantic dinner for two. Service is very good, few waiters taking care of tables in a very efficient way without being too intrusive, which is good while you have a business talk. The menu is short (in this case it is good) and every item is far from the usual standards, opening to creativity with some touch of French and Italian cusine. The menu offers a balanced selection of seafood/fish and meat based choices. Waiting time is average but aligned with expectations for the restaurant, all dishes are correctly served warm and toghether for the table. Wine selection is good, and there is a reasonable selection of bottles available to accompain all the menu items. Food quality is mid-high good to satisfy high exoectations. The desert choices can be improved. All in all a nice experience that I would recommend and worth to try again.