“Rude management nice food”
Review of La Trompette

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chiswick
Description: La Trompette opened in 2001 and serves some of the best food in London but without the formality or prices associated with the capital’s top end establishments.We closed at the beginning of 2013 for a complete refurbishment, and have expanded to include a brand new kitchen, private dining and improved customer facilities. The new appearance has not changed the focus of the restaurant. The aim is as it always has been, to give all our guests the best possible dining experience from start to finish.
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

I been to this restaurant Few times,
each time I experience the management rudeness they are too full of them self you'll never get the customer care you expecting,
the only reason I keep coming back is the delicious food they prepare.
Once I find an alternative restaurant I'll never go there again.
Atmosphere in the place is nice in general
I can't believe it the waiters and the managements they never smile

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank tymaaltd

Reviewed 8 September 2016

The staff at this establishment were attentive but certainly not intrusive but there was discontinuity and a lack of cohesion between being served drinks and food.. We were staying in London for a few leisurely nights and I chose this restaurant for our final night based on Tripadvisor reviews. Odd things like an amuse bouche arriving at the table before aperitifs which we were still drinking as the starters arrived didn't really set the tone. The wine than also arrived and so both my wife and I had three drinks including water at our disposal.
The main course we both chose was fore rib of beef. My wifes was quite fatty and mine was virtually emulsified. Really not very nice at all. I chose the soufflé for dessert and my wife the cheese board. The waitresses knowledge of the cheeseboard was impressive but the quality of the cheeses wasn't, according to my wife. Had really looked forward to this evening and was completely underwhelmed. The dining room is nothing to write home about and the artwork is poorly displayed etc. Shame really!

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Food amazing and staff friendly and knowledgable, wonderful evening and terrace was open.

One of the few 'fine dining' restaurants in London that actually get it right and justifies the price tag.

Highly recommended

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Went here with family for my daughter's birthday.
Sat at the table for quite a while before anyone came to take the order. IT then took quite some time for the starters to arrive. The food itself was of very good quality. I had linguini which were very well cooked, with a nice slightly 'hot' flavour. My daughter had the egg and said it was excellent. I ordered the grouse ( special) for main,. Strangely, whilst we waited again quite a long time between courses, the maitre D came and showed me the whole grouse ( which she said had just come out of the oven). However it then took at least a further 10 miniutes before it was serve ( beautifully deboned), but by then it was just lukewarm. I understand that with roast and game one should rest the meat after cooking but this seemd overdone. The rtaste however was excellent and the qhite pollenta superb. The rest of the dishes my family chose were also very good., My wife was particularly ecstatic about the souffle as a desert.
The worst thing about the evening was firstly the delay on the food arriving, and mostly the service which was slow and very disorganised. For example we asked for a 2nd bottle of wine, which took a long time to arrive and I ( as I was driving) asked for a 2nd bottle of mineral water, which never did arrive.
I know they were very busy, but that is no excuse.
Still the food was very good.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

La Trompette is the best restaurant in Chiswick - but then locals have known this for a long time. On a Friday evening my wife and I had a delightful time (without the kids, it's not really a family restaurant). £49 per head for three excellent courses, we enjoyed fine wine and attentive service. Try a glass of English sparkling wine if you can, I'm also happy to recommend the soufflé for dessert!

Date of visit: August 2016