“High quality, friendly service”
Review of La Trompette

La Trompette
Reserve with OpenTable
La Trompette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 25,017 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$32 - US$64
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chiswick
Description: La Trompette opened in 2001 and serves some of the best food in London but without the formality or prices associated with the capital’s top end establishments.We closed at the beginning of 2013 for a complete refurbishment, and have expanded to include a brand new kitchen, private dining and improved customer facilities. The new appearance has not changed the focus of the restaurant. The aim is as it always has been, to give all our guests the best possible dining experience from start to finish.
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Very special 3 course menu, complemented by friendly, helpful service in a pleasant but not overbearing environment at a reasonable price (for this level of restaurant). Would definitely repeat.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Good fish and nice starters. Big space, good for families. Waiters friendly. Not expensive for London.

1  Thank olegwladi
Reviewed 27 November 2017

We went to celebrate my friends 50th birthday. The ambiance was very good, service excellent and attentive, the wine list is also very good.
The only thing that spoilt the evening for me was the food! Our starters took 45 minutes to arrive - though an adjustment to the bill was made for keeping us waiting.
There was a certain arrogance in the menu and the chef - I wanted my lamb cooked to well done and I was told that the chef would not do that and I would have to have it pink. In a restaurant of this class, one would expect a chef to know how to cook meat well done without drying it out - I have never had this problem at other restaurants - hence my comment about arrogance. And, to make the food experience complete, my meal arrived cold.

So, the overall experience could have been so much better, and at these prices, one should expect no less - however, it was not, so I was disappointed.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Revisited La Trompette after about a year. I was absolutely delighted with the experience. Warm welcome, comfortable seating with good elbow room, staff who were attentive and informed but not obsequious, food absolutely first class and a very sound recommendation by the sommelier on what wine to drink. I will not be leaving it anything like as long again!

1  Thank Oliver P
Reviewed 20 November 2017

We were taken here by friends for lunch yesterday. The food was just perfect, service friendly and informative. 3 of us had a mackerel starter which was superb and great balance of flavours, I had the reindeer main course which was perfection followed by the muscovado custard tart. I don't usually have desserts but I couldn't miss this one! I guess we were there for a few hours, oh yes The FMC South African wine .... one of the very best! We were very lucky!