“Will be back”
Review of Langans Brasserie

Langans Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Langans Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #548 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: The legendary Langan's Brasserie restaurant boasts a great location in London's Green Park, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square. Stroll up Stratton Street to find Langan's Brasserie waiting with its warm greeting and super service. The Anglo-French cuisine and relaxed interior, complete with distinctive artworks and mismatched lampshades, have remained popular with London diners for more than thirty years. The brasserie menu is hand-written each week and features traditional dishes like Langan's bangers and mash with white onion sauce; pan-fried halibut with broad beans, shrimp and capers; and treacle tart with custard or vanilla ice cream. Langan's restaurant's diverse wine list features familiar favourites from all over the world, as well as some popular French classics, and there is also a fine wine list on request for the more discerning connoisseur. Among long-running London restaurants, Langan's is one of the stars.
London, United Kingdom
“Will be back”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I had a lovely lunch at Langan’s the other day. The service was friendly and attentive and the food was delicious. Most importantly, just after ordering, I was called away for a telephone call and my husband asked for our food to be kept warm. This is a difficult request at the best of time especially as keeping something it for an undetermined period of time typically goes to the quality of the food, however as soon as I finished my call my swordfish and his dover sole (off the bone) appeared, each cooked to perfection (not a minute too long). I will definitely be back when I have more time to sample the puddings as well.

• Visited August 2014
Sam C, Guest Relations Manager at Langans Brasserie, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback. I'm very pleased to hear that you experienced very friendly and attentive service and enjoyed during your recent visit at Langans.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
“Summer Pudding”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A local London friend suggested we meet here for dinner. We were a little apprehensive since this is a larger restaurant heavily used by tourists but it ended up being one of our best meals in London ever (we lived there for 9 months some years ago.)
Portions were huge even by American standards-- share sides, salads, desserts and even main courses unless you are very hungry and a big eater.
Sea bass, salad and side veggies (great potatoes) were all excellent but dessert was the big surprise. After too much food we weren't sure we wanted any but we ordered 2 to try them. The waiter brought only one, the summer pudding, since it was so large. We had it with ice cream rather than the standard clotted cream. What a dessert! All three of us agreed it was one our best ever desserts. I'd like some more right now but I'm home in San Diego. I'd recommend going to Langan's for this one dish, but the rest was also first rate.

Visited July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write about your great experience at Langans. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed so much our summer pudding. I will pass compliments to our chefs.
We look forward to seeing you during your next visit in London.
London, United Kingdom
“One of my favourites”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Been a customer for over 15 years.
It's mainly the ambiance & then the food.
Usually busy with American tourists. It has lots of windows & wood panelling!
The food is very good & always well presented.
It would be better if it was Organic (not much more cost).
The service is variable from really looking down at you to very accommodating.
The little guy that showed me to the table said ' No other tables we are full '- at 2.15pm half full!
& ' Oh you mean TAP water ! '.
The lovely lady from Sardinia more than made up for this idiot!
Stupid waiter that encouraged me to have extra English fries when the Salmon is on a bed of new potatoes. Worked there for 7 years!!!
Staff training please.

• Visited August 2014
Mike_Langans, Operations Director at Langans Brasserie, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly let me take this opportunity to thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that Langan's has been one of your favourite restaurants. I am also glad to hear that you had a good time on your last visit.

However, I am totally taken aback by your comments about my team members. Using words like "little idiot" and "Stupid waiter" are, may I say, totally offensive. And as much as I appreciate you have given us five stars, I do not appreciate your using such insulting remarks.
We do take customer feedback very seriously as we are committed to deliver the highest standards of service, but under no circumstances would we accept our team members to be belittled in this manner.

We will look into your feedback and see if we have any training issues to be addressed. And hopefully the mistakes made will not be repeated.

Kind regards

Mike Chavla
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Top class restaurant - amazing food and excellent service. Good to see Langans back on top form. All of the staff worked none stop to ensure the best service for every guest and the food was delightful. We will definately return soon!

1 Thank Angela D
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback. I'm very happy to hear about your recent experience at Langans. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

A very good evening meal. First time visitor. Excellent,friendly service from all the staff. The food was wonderful.

Visited August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for great feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your first visit at Langan's and we hope to see you again in the near future...

Kind regards