“An unfortunate dinner at Langans Brasserie.”
Review of Langans Brasserie

Langans Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Langans Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,162 of 24,239 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: The legendary Langan's Brasserie restaurant boasts a great location in London's Green Park, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square. Stroll up Stratton Street to find Langan's Brasserie waiting with its warm greeting and super service. The Anglo-French cuisine and relaxed interior, complete with distinctive artworks and mismatched lampshades, have remained popular with London diners for more than forty years. The brasserie menu features traditional dishes like Langan's bangers and mash with white onion sauce; pan-fried halibut with broad beans, shrimp and capers; and treacle tart with custard or vanilla ice cream. Langan's restaurant's diverse wine list features familiar favourites from all over the world, as well as some popular French classics. Among long-running London restaurants, Langan's is one of the stars.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We were spending part of our holiday in London and happened to be staying in Mayfair. This restaurant was recommended by our younger daughter who visited it many times during her O.E. that ended about 13 years ago.
For starters, my wife chose the tomato and mozzarella salad and I, the melon. Some of the tomatoes in my wife's dish were unripe and my melon could have been riper. For the main, we each chose the swordfish steak. We have eaten gamefish steaks many times but never before one which was only about 5-6 mm. (about 1/4 inch) thick. It was tending towards dry rather than the moist, succulent steaks we had been expecting. Being so thin, this was not surprising. We have enjoyed better meals in London Central, at small, family owned restaurants.
Needless to say, we were extremely disappointed with this meal. We expected better of this well-known chain.

Sam C, Guest Relations Manager at Langans Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for taking your time to write your feedback.
I'm sorry to hear that your recent meal at Langan's was disappointing.
I regret this issue wasn't addressed to the manager on duty during your visit, as we could have resolved this issue immediately.
I have passed your comments to the Head Chef and Management so we can try to improve in the future.

Best regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,956)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I had a lovely lunch at Langan’s the other day. The service was friendly and attentive and the food was delicious. Most importantly, just after ordering, I was called away for a telephone call and my husband asked for our food to be kept warm. This is a difficult request at the best of time especially as keeping something it for an undetermined period of time typically goes to the quality of the food, however as soon as I finished my call my swordfish and his dover sole (off the bone) appeared, each cooked to perfection (not a minute too long). I will definitely be back when I have more time to sample the puddings as well.

Sam C, Guest Relations Manager at Langans Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback. I'm very pleased to hear that you experienced very friendly and attentive service and enjoyed during your recent visit at Langans.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

A local London friend suggested we meet here for dinner. We were a little apprehensive since this is a larger restaurant heavily used by tourists but it ended up being one of our best meals in London ever (we lived there for 9 months some years ago.)
Portions were huge even by American standards-- share sides, salads, desserts and even main courses unless you are very hungry and a big eater.
Sea bass, salad and side veggies (great potatoes) were all excellent but dessert was the big surprise. After too much food we weren't sure we wanted any but we ordered 2 to try them. The waiter brought only one, the summer pudding, since it was so large. We had it with ice cream rather than the standard clotted cream. What a dessert! All three of us agreed it was one our best ever desserts. I'd like some more right now but I'm home in San Diego. I'd recommend going to Langan's for this one dish, but the rest was also first rate.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write about your great experience at Langans. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed so much our summer pudding. I will pass compliments to our chefs.
We look forward to seeing you during your next visit in London.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Been a customer for over 15 years.
It's mainly the ambiance & then the food.
Usually busy with American tourists. It has lots of windows & wood panelling!
The food is very good & always well presented.
It would be better if it was Organic (not much more cost).
The service is variable from really looking down at you to very accommodating.
The little guy that showed me to the table said ' No other tables we are full '- at 2.15pm half full!
& ' Oh you mean TAP water ! '.
The lovely lady from Sardinia more than made up for this idiot!
Stupid waiter that encouraged me to have extra English fries when the Salmon is on a bed of new potatoes. Worked there for 7 years!!!
Staff training please.

Mike_Langans, Operations Director at Langans Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly let me take this opportunity to thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that Langan's has been one of your favourite restaurants. I am also glad to hear that you had a good time on your last visit.

However, I am totally taken aback by your comments about my team members. Using words like "little idiot" and "Stupid waiter" are, may I say, totally offensive. And as much as I appreciate you have given us five stars, I do not appreciate your using such insulting remarks.
We do take customer feedback very seriously as we are committed to deliver the highest standards of service, but under no circumstances would we accept our team members to be belittled in this manner.

We will look into your feedback and see if we have any training issues to be addressed. And hopefully the mistakes made will not be repeated.

Kind regards

Mike Chavla

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Top class restaurant - amazing food and excellent service. Good to see Langans back on top form. All of the staff worked none stop to ensure the best service for every guest and the food was delightful. We will definately return soon!

1  Thank Angela D

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback. I'm very happy to hear about your recent experience at Langans. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards