“Highly recommended! Would definitely go there again.”
Review of Lemongrass

Lemongrass
Ranked #7,705 of 24,672 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2014

OMG. I was taken to this restaurant by a friend who used to work there. She raved about the amazing food. I was absolutely delighted when our chosen starter of Crispy Duck arrived at the table - the presentation was stunning and I just had to take a pic! Note the pancakes were beautifully rolled & placed on the side of the presentation platter. I had never seen such a lovely display as this before in any other restaurant.The duck was moist & tender and oh so crispy. My friend said I had to try the Loc Luc steak & the asparagus, & so I did. The steak pieces were unbelievably tender & cooked in an extremely delicious sauce.The asparagus was truly wonderful - crunchy & doused with garlic & butter & had a lemon peppery flavour. I didn't think I would have room for a dessert but was urged to try the banana cake by Maria, the waitress serving us. The banana cake, as they call it, came nestled in a banana leaf & smothered in coconut cream. Maria said it was to die for! and Wow! I loved it. . . I shall return!

1  Thank Hristov77

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My partner and I have eaten in this little restaurant several times and have never been disappointed.

Don't be put off by the plain/basic decor. Everything is cooked fresh, no pre made heavy sauces. All fresh and tasty. Would recommend the Luc Luc steak. Absolutely delicious melt in your mouth peppery steak also the Indonisian prawns are very good. The most surprising thing on the menu is the asparagus. Get a portion and you will be raving about it for weeks. When we have taken our friends to eat here we have ordered a portion and everyone has loved it. You could eat them on their own they are so good.

Please give this restaurant a try. There are not many privately owned restaurants around anymore as the big chains are opening up all over the place. It would be sad to see individual little places like this disappear, especially when the are offering something a bit different which is also very good.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

After spending a month in Cambodia last year we were desperate to taste our favourite dish - Fish Amok - once again. We live in Scotland so we don't have Cambodian restaurants around the corner so we took the opportunity on a trip to London. We presumed that due to London/England's diverse cultures that you could buy galangal, finger root and kaffir leaves on the streets, but we're guessing not. Alas this was not authentic Fish Amok that we craved at all, it was more an indian curried fish dish, there was certainly no coconut cream in there.

The fish itself however was cooked to perfection and it was tasty, it just wasn't Khmer. We laughed at the mango salad, instead of green raw mango shreds in a vegetable salad we were given fresh sweet mango with onion, oh dear, clearly no raw mangoes available in London either!

We took two friends with us who enjoyed it so perhaps if you don't know what you are missing then it is fab! As other reviewers have stated the lady who serves in the restaurant is not what you would describe as a 'people person'. The only beer available was Tiger, which is great, however Angkor, Cambodia or even BeerLao or Klang would've been more authentic.

However it was fine value for a London restaurant and it was tasty food, just not authentic.
We shall await another return to London when an authentic Cambodian restaurant pops up!

2  Thank misspickle
Reviewed 6 January 2014

For London it wasn't expensive...so that's a bonus.

Waitress was as cold as it was outside.

Food was ok, starter was a mixed platter and mains were fillet beef and asparagus.....

Diet coke was flat..

We left fed and watered and for the money it was ok...just ok...

1  Thank deeperblue82
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We have been looking to an Khmer / Cambodian Restaurant in london, as it is difficult to get typical Khmer kitchen in my area. The dishes we had chosen were good and delicious but Khmer Lok Lak was not particularly Cambodian. (maybe another recipe?) And I missed Papaya Salads and Morning Glory, which was my favourite dish in Cambodia. Service was nice and friendly. Overall nice and delicious restaurant with fair prices, but not really authentic Cambodian food as I know it.

1  Thank Netti S