“Londons best kept secret”
Review of Magic Wok - CLOSED

Magic Wok
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My friends who live in London took me to this Chinese restaurant some years ago and told me not to tell anyone as it just gets busier and busier.
Well I was blown away with the food they served and just cant stop talking about,
I would say it is the best Chinese food I have had even better than China town New York city,
The owner is called Albert and he is a gentleman goes out of his way to help (Lived in Newcastle upon Tyne at one time)
If you go try Crispy Pork, mixed seafood, roast Chinese duck, and soft shell crab among just a few, the restaurant is nothing special although I hear it has undergone a refurbishment, they do accept booking the alternative is to join the Q.

See you soon Albert

Ron D

Reviewed 11 September 2013

The restaurant was cramped on a Saturday evening so I think my family and I were lucky to get a table just walking in. We chose a set meal each (14 to 20 pounds pp); the starters were decent and the mains dissappointing - they were tasty but the sauce in which the meat was covered in each dish was practically the same... Similar to a chain takeaway place, to be honest.

The dessert was complimentary and consisted of oranges, tea and a Chinese cookie. The service was quick and polite, but don't expect extroverts as waiters here ;) The tables were mostly occupied by Asian people which gave the impression the place is liked by local Chinese - although I can't tell Chinese language from Korean/Japanese etc so can't be sure :)

It is possible that meals chosen a la carte are much better - but bear in mind that they're more expensive, as well!

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

This was never of the best meals we ever had. Definitely worth visit. Great staff, great food and great atmosphere.

Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is now part of the fabric of Queensway. Although we used to eat in the restaurant relatively frequently, we tend to use the place as a takeaway more these days. No particular reason, just our habit. But we keep going back for the quality of the food, as it has never disappointed. We particularly go for beef with ginger, chicken with cashew nuts and of course the duck. The price is good for what you get, takeaway service is quick and there is a seating area to use while you wait.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I travel from Ruislip into Queensway just to go this restaurant ( 25 round trip). I have been going here for 15 years and have never had a bad meal. I recommend the Squid in spicy salt and chilli and the Mixed meat hotpot with beancurd. The Steamed Seabass with pork and Chinese mushroom is also very good if you like fish.

1  Thank Stuart H