“For consistency & quality - Unbeatable”

North Sea Fish Restaurant
Ranked #350 of 23,357 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Bloomsbury
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Prior to going to the restaurant my 2 friends and I made a "pit stop" at the pub "The Lord Russell" (in Marchmont Street, literally round the corner from the restaurant), to sample their excellent selection of ales.
We then proceeded to the restaurant, which I was visiting for the umpteenth time, but which my chums had never visited before.
We received the usual friendly greeting and quickly ordered 2 bottles from their wine list.
The food was of its usual high standard but particular mention should be made of the grilled plaice fillet, the scotch scampi and the totally historic middle skate.
We all agreed that it was a good thing that this restaurant was not within easy reach as we would be joining the obese community in double quick time!

2  Thank Brian P

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

You could only get fried food unless you ordered the larger portion. The fish was so-so. The chips overcooked. We ordered salad and got an overflowing bowl of lettuce and a few veggies. Our food came less than a minute later. Too rushed. I would not recommend.

1  Thank Sandy H
Reviewed 5 September 2013

In the 1990's I used to live nearby and regularly dined here or used the take-away; it was one of the better fish and chip restaurants in central London and the fish was always top quality and the staff were very friendly. I have been there twice recently, and sadly I have to agree with SBandJJs' comments about the average food and the surly service. The food is acceptable as a fish and chip experience and I don't think the prices are particularly high for London but it is the service which deters me from returning.

1  Thank James B
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

If you're an American wanting to experience good old English fish and chips you could probably do worse....however anyone else would do well to avoid average food, high prices, no atmosphere and dreadful service.

2  Thank SBandJ
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Went this weekend (10th August). Was recommended by a guide. Disappointment due to the quality of what was served: I had a haddock fish and chips with mushy peas: mushy peas were liquid, the tartare sauce had started to congele in the pot that was brought to our table and the batter was far from light... The place was near empty (lunchtime on a Saturday) and the older waitress was as nice as a prison door. Thankfully the second waitress made up for it... Also a pet hate of mine: tip included in the bill... Did not deserve one as big as the one they included. For the other people in my party this was there first chippy experience. They found it greasy, I suppose fish and chips is never very light.