“GREAT FISH RESTAURANT”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Bloomsbury
Reviewed 6 July 2014

As the name implies this is the place for fish in Bloomsbury. Fairly basic decor but really excellent food and service. Definitely good value for money.

There are newer reviews for North Sea Fish Restaurant

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have lost count of the number of times I have visited this restaurant - this speaks volumes in itself!.
This is my usual meal : Starter - Jumbo grilled Plaice fillet
Main - Jumbo middle skate & chips
Drink - Either a bottle of house white or a bottle of chablis

The whole experience is historic.

I cannot understand some of the negative reviews - I always think these reviewers should name better fish & chip restaurants!

Any friends I take are always blown away.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I went with a small party. The waitresses are incredibly abrupt and unsmiling though helpful. The food was OK - I think I was unlucky perhaps as my Scottish scampi were almost devoid of any flavour. They did not have several of our first choices (easy stuff like prawn and avacado ) atmosphere Ok - I wouldn't bother to go back.

1  Thank Duncan B
Reviewed 14 June 2014

You cannot imagine my surprise when I found this fish-and-chips restaurant near the hotel I was staying at. It was late in the evening so I rushed to this restaurant aiming to get some fish and chips for takeaway. I could also have had the meal inside the restaurant, but I preferred the takeaway counter (restaurant, on the right; takeaway counter, on the left).
Great taste, excellent chips, big rations. You cannot miss this place!!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have been here with friends many times, usually on Thursday or Friday evenings. I made sure that I booked on my last visit as it was a Friday and it gets very busy. On arrival we were seated straight away. We were asked a little too quickly for our order as we had literally only just got the menus. We ordered the house white wine and some water and then a selection of cod, haddock and rock, all with chips and muchy peas. The good thing here is that you can have the large size grilled, which makes a nice change and it's lovely and fresh. The homemade tartare sauce is also excellent. The chips are always very good but they come up in baskets to share and the portions are on the small side. We had desserts which are homemade and come in very decent portions. The service is sometimes a little distracted but usually friendly. The decor is very tired and a bit uncomfortable, with the table and chairs squeezed in too much. The prices are a little on the high side but I have to say that, in my experience, it's one of the best places in London for fish and chips.