“Can't wait for my next visit to this gem”
Review of Original Tagines

Original Tagines
Reserve with OpenTable
Original Tagines is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12,293 of 22,516 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Moroccan, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
London
“Can't wait for my next visit to this gem”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This place is a hidden gem or at least it was to me. I discovered Original Tagine thanks to tastecard and decided to try it out. I initially booked a table of 4 but this became 5 by the time we arrived and they were more than happy to accommodate. The starters were fantastic and they offered us meatballs on the house which lead us to ordering more. As for the mains, there is plenty to choose from and we were keen to try everything. We opted for the tagines which makes up the bulk of the mains and I must say this is the best tagine I've had in London, it was tasty and the portions were very generous, we left feeling very satisfied and eager to return.

The atmosphere was welcoming, busy but relaxed at the same time.
Compliments to the sole waiter who managed to take care of everyone in such a manner that many waiters and waitresses in London have forgotten.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank littlemantate

southend on sea
“Delicious Lunch”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We arrived on a Monday lunch, seeking out this little restaurant based on previous reviews. There was no one else in there, but then again it was 2.30 pm on a Monday; anyway, very little atmosphere but that was ok because we were a little worse for wear after a big night out the eve before.

The guy in there was friendly enough but when we saw it was roughly £15 for a main, we were a little put out cause we had already spent a fortune on our holiday. But then he brought us a lunch menu, which was £11 for two courses. Perfect. The food was really delicious- authentic Moroccan, and he brought out some extra bread and dips too, which again were really tasty.

I guess the ambiance is better in the evenings, when there are more people enjoying dinner. Based on the food, I would give it four stars. Yum!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank kate h
London
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

What a lovely relaxed friendly restaurant. Service was friendly and attentive but not intrusive.
The downside for me was that all main courses were served with cous cous but I am wheat intolerant. The restaurant kindly offered me potatoes as a substitute.
We shared humus and a red pepper salad for starters with warm pitta bread. I then had the fish tagine. All was plentiful and good value.
It’s a small restaurant with a homely feel, would definitely go again. There is outside seating for warmer evenings.

• Visited October 2013
Rochester, Minnesota
“OMG what a meal!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Forget the "pub grub" in London, small ethnic restaurants like this will provide lasting memories of great affordable food. The flavors and aromas of our lamb tagine and chicken couscous still linger in my thoughts. The pleasant wait staff and unpretentious ambiance only added to our enjoyment. Eat...drink...enjoy!

Visited September 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Great food, welcoming service”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

First came here in 2007 and had such good memories that we had to return. As before we found the service friendly, and helpful. The food was just as good as we remembered. If you like tagines, or want to try them for the first time this is the place to go.

• Visited September 2013