“Could be better”

Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

After visiting Morocco in November I fell in love with Lamb tagine with prunes and have been searching for a good Moroccan restaurant in London ever since. I did find one that delivers amazing tagine for around £6! This restaurant however didnt meet the standard!
The good:
+atmosphere! Very nice decor very tastefull and cosy.
+The soup was very good!
+My husband enjoyed his lemon chicken tagine.
The bad:
- lamb tagine wasnt prepared the way I was used to in morocco. Lamb wasnt melting in mouth and prunes had bones in it! It was very saucy, more like a soup! It was difficult to eat, meet wasn't cut in small peaces and I had a feeling they didnt use the best cuts. The tagine lamb I was used to had a deep dark colour where here it was more white.
- overpriced! Large (it wasnt that large or tasty!)pot of mint tea £7??? Tagine £16? Way too much for what it was.
All in all, I probbaly wouldn't return. I will stick with my home delivered yummy lamb tagine from Tooting for £6!

1  Thank aygiena

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is fast becoming one of my favorite places to eat in London. The food is delicious, and the service very friendly. It's really good value, and a great neighborhood restaurant.

1  Thank Clare S
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Very enjoyable, good food, the tagines were excellent. 8 of us went after the cinema, I reserved in advance to make sure we got a table. The greeting was very friendly, they kindly offered us a few starters, which was great. The food was fresh and authentic, a couple of vegetarians enjoyed the Berber tagine, and the others ordered were chicken, lamb and fish, all were good. Everyone enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and reasonable bill.

1  Thank tansy23456
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

The welcoming staff and atmosphere reminded me of my trips to Morocco. Excellent starters and tajine. Delicious mint tea! If go for lunch they have a 2 course menu for 11 pound.

3  Thank PiroPiro15
Reviewed 2 December 2013

One of a rising number of North African places in the smoke. Friendly and not expensive but with enough atmosphere. Being in Fitzrovia it gets its share of posh (I overheard on chap say to his partner 'I'm going for the impoverished oligarch look'. smashing I say.

My food of choice was the Lamb Tagine with prunes and almonds with cous cous. I got a skip full of starters 'on the house'; olives, carrot batons,minced lamb, flat breads and some more lamb. I ordered a spiced lentil soup but really could have done with just the freebies.

I will go back there, probably quite soon.

1  Thank tjz1100