“Very Bad Experience”
Review of Patio - CLOSED

Patio
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: Patio Restaurant was opened in June 1986. Presently, it is one of the most successful Polish restaurants in London, receiving rapturous reviews from well known food critics of The Independent, The Guardian, Telegraph and Evening Standard. The Patio Restaurant, run by Kazimierz and Ewa, has been serving home-made Polish food for more than 22 years. During that period, this family business has developed true excellency in preparing the most distinctive and traditional dishes of Polish cuisine. Patio received numerous reviews from various critics representing some of the biggest advisory newspapers in the UK. All of them agreed that this unpretentious place, stylised like a retro middle-class drawing room, is a must for any Eastern European food amateur. Apart from impressive meals and superb vodka selection, Patio will offer you calm and friendly service as well as live piano perfomances on occasions. Thanks to it's great location in Shepperd's Bush, this Polish restaurant is often visited by Westfield Shopping Centre customers. Patio is situated nearby famous London venues, such as Lyric Theatre or Shepperd's Bush Empire which makes it a perfect place to dine before or after different cultural events. If you are lucky, you may even meet celebrities and performers who often choose to visit Patio. What better recommendation can you get? Our function room is available for free of charge. This lively place has two dining rooms offering seats for about 100 people in total. The function room, located at the lower ground, is often booked for birthdays, weddings and other family gatherings free of charge which makes it really attractive.
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have read all good reviews with my wife about Patio restaurant (we are both Polish) and decided to try it out.
Firstly the place is extremely dirty, we don’t mind if the places are old and traditional but the restaurant and the décor is just dirty. Table set up was very cheap and tatty. It seems like no one cares about it at all.
We have ordered starter and main courses - we were approached by a two different waitresses. After confirming what we would like to order for main courses including side dish ( cucumber salad ) we were brought that salad by the older lady ( we think it was the owner ) before we had our starter?
We said that this salad supposed to go with the main courses x2 so it was taken back to the kitchen.
After having our starter- we were waiting for it 35 minutes, the same lady ( we think it was the owner) just brought our main courses. Instead having two cucumber salads we had one plus braised cabbage? Also my wife has ordered potatoes cooked in water but she did not get this and we had to remind the owner about it. The food was just not nice and I think not fresh at all.
The chicken breast with mushroom sauce had lumps of flower still on the plate which means this was just added before serving that meal.
Over all the whole experience was as bad as the look of this restaurant. I have been living in London for 15 years and I do love to dine out very often( I love my polish food) but food, restaurant and the service is very low and it would be nice if the owner would look into this matter and correct all bad things about it as soon as she can. I will not go back there or recommend this place to anyone I know in London.

3  Thank Dawid S

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Have been going to this restaurant, run front of house by the lovely Ewa for many years. Food is always good and different from a lot of the places around. My favourite starter is the Polish hors-d'oeuvres. So many mains to like but grilled trout with shrimps or almonds and three lamb chops with mint jelly stand out. A lot of traditional Polish dishes as well so no end of choice.The ambience is very good and Ewa works the cosy almost your front room so well. The walls are covered in past glory reviews but this only adds to the experience.

3  Thank mark w
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We went for dinner after seeing a movie. The place was welcoming and warm.

It turned out a hugely disappointing experience. The bread and butter served were from leftovers, I had to ask for butter portions that weren't used before. The vodka shots were watered down: I'd rather pay more and get full strength vodka.

We had dumplings and beef stroganof. The food was less than average.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I want to start by saying that my 3 out of 5 should be reflected as "good", not "average". But unfortunately I can't score it a 4 out of 5 to be very good.

We came here pre-show at the O2 Shepherds Bush and the reviews were good. Hadn't made a reservation but luckily a table for 2 was available. Food was mixed - my borscht and smoked haddock was great, but the steak wasn't that remarkable and they had slightly misunderstood our order and had missed out the fries with the steak. Never mind. The borscht genuinely was great with the pierogi in tasting homemade, it was very lovely indeed.

All in all it perfectly served its purpose as a quick meal pre-show that was much better than a chain, and I would certainly happily eat there again and give another item a go.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Another Empire gig so another visit to Patio. It has such a nice feel about it with welcoming staff in quaint surroundings. The food is more nourishing than epicurean, well cooked, tasty, varied and plenty of it. Good value at £16.50 for 3 course and a glass of vodka.

1  Thank jabjaw