“A great experience and lovely food! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #6,167 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$20 - US$41
Cuisines: American, European, British
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Rainforest Café, just 2-minutes from Piccadilly Circus, brings together the sights and sounds of the amazon jungle in a family friendly atmosphere. Decorated throughout with jungle foliage and animatronics, theres even a thunder and lightening storm, waterfalls, animatronics to entertain everyone.The menu is popular American & European Dishes, with each iten highlighted with their suitability for allergy sufferers, along with a Children's or Birthday Party menu for the under 12's.Bookings are not required as everyone is guaranteed a table, although a prioirty seating can be made and you will be sat at the next available table at that time.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A great experience and lovely food! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I visited the Rainforest Café London with my fiancé in July 2014. We had previously been to the Disneyland Paris one and loved everything about it, so we couldn't miss the opportunity to try the London branch!
The atmosphere inside the restaurant is nothing short of magical - the trees, the animatronics dotted around the walls and ceiling, the waterfall, the thunder and lightning (which happens every 20 minutes or so), the themed dishes and drinks, the sound of rain on the forest canopy...I could go on. We're definitely a pair of big kids but really, it's worth going at least once to get the experience of having dinner in such enchanting surroundings.
The food is lovely - I had a burger, my fiancé had a pasta dish and we both had brownies for dessert - well cooked, good portion sizes and served promptly (but not too prompt that you feel like they're rushing you out!). The service was great too, our waiter was a lovely guy called Greg who couldn't do enough for us.

Now, the only negative would be the pricing. Yes, it is pricey but it's a hugely successful themed restaurant in the middle of London so you'd expect it to be expensive (it was more expensive than the one in Disneyland though, which was a big shock!) You're paying for food, yes, but also for the experience. Which is worth paying for, in my opinion. We were a bit horrified at the 12.5% tip that was automatically added on - be prepared for that, take some extra cash if you plan on going.

I'd definitely recommend the Rainforest Café, to families as well as big kids! It's a very special place for us as a couple so maybe I'm a bit biased, but it really is worth seeing at least once!
Oh also - London in July is very hot and humid, so the air conditioning in the restaurant was a welcome addition to our dining experience!

1 Thank MercuryBelle
RainforestCafe, Guest Relations Manager at Rainforest Cafe, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Many thanks for your recent visit and for taking the time to post a review.

I am really happy to see that you found it was a magical experience, that is a great achievement and what we strive for at Rainforest cafe.

Sorry to see that you were a little bit startled by the service charge being added on, as stated on the menu it is discretionary and added for your convenience, but can be easily removed upon request. Thanks very much for naming Greg as a lovely guy and stating that he gave a great service I will make sure that his manager is informed of this.

Hope to welcome you to the restaurant again soon.

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Essex
“Great Day Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We visited today and had a fantastic meal. I had the vegetarian burger and it was so good, I had to ask my husband to taste it to check it wasn't meat! It was as near to the taste that I've ever had. My husband enjoyed the chicken and we both had desserts, which again were good. The service was very attentive and polite too. The prices were high-ish but standard for London really. The way the cafe was decorated was very well done. We were seated right by the elephants, and they were pretty realistic, apart from the fact they could have done with oiling as we could hear every mechanical move they made! That said, it didn't matter a bit and we found it funny! All in all, the Rainforest Cafe is more geared towards families, but we had a fun time too!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ninja1
Many thanks for your recent visit and for taking the time to post a review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the Veggie BeanBurger as it is also one of my favourite dishes and a recent addition to the menu, specially designed with vegetarians in mind.

The tables by the elephant are highly sought after, I am happy to see that you found them realistic however we have noted the comment on the noise of the animals.

I am delighted you enjoyed the Rainforest cafe experience on the whole and hope to welcome you to the restaurant again soon
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Good food although abit dated - good for kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Was very quiet when we visited but yet we still waited for a fair while for staff to collect our starter to bring the main. Saying that the atmosphere was second to none as were the ribs we had - my only compliant was my jacket potatoe was very dry - however given the portion size I hardly had any room anyway! This place is a must visit for small children and adults alike - a unique experiance!

Many thanks for your recent visit and for taking the time to post a review.

The Mojo Bones ribs are one of my favourite dishes so glad to hear you also enjoyed them. Sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with the jacket potato, I am confident that if you hadn't been too full and had wanted a replacement that the team on the day would have been able to make sure you were happy.

Thank you for saying it is a 'must visit' and a 'unique experience', this is what we aim for.

Hope to welcome
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I was there with my 3 year old grandson; we were having a London day out. It's a bit dark and some of the animal noises and thunder scared him initially, but once he settled in he was fine.
His meal price - about USD 20 - included main course, sweet and drink, which I though was OK given the location, just off Piccadilly in central London. He enjoyed his food and was fascinated by all the animals.
I had sea bass and a small glass of wine (the biggest they serve) - a bit pricey, but very fresh and tasty and well cooked.
Service throughout was excellent.

• Visited July 2014
Many thanks for your recent visit and for taking the time to post a review.

I was delighted to hear that your grandson enjoyed his visit to Rainforest Cafe, and that he got over the initial shock of the animal and thunder noises, they can be slightly daunting to younger ones at first!

Hope to welcome to you back to the restaurant on your next UK visit.
“Fantastic themed restaurant but don't bring your own birthday cake!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We decided to take out two year old here to celebrate her birthday. The atmosphere is perfect, great decor, interesting features, good music and sound effects and a lovely waitress. We brought our own Peppa pig cake and was told upon arrival that we could sing happy birthday but that we couldn't eat the cake there (?) Try explaining that to a two year old. Our little birthday girl had to watch her cake come out, blow out the candles with excitement, only to have it immediately whisked away before her eyes due to 'health and safety' rules. Happy birthday angel!!
We could have of course eaten one of their own cakes at £25 each.
Food was ok, tasty but slightly overpriced but I think you're paying for the experience and apart from the cake incident, it was a very good one. Would go back again... But not for a birthday.

• Visited June 2014
Many thanks for your recent visit and for taking the time to post a review.

Glad that you rated our service and the attention paid to your party throughout as this is something that is very important to us. Your comments on pricing have been noted, but they are reflective of our Central London location and unique offer.

Unfortunately we do have this rule in place that external food cannot be consumed within the restaurant for Health and Safety reasons but I am glad that the staff all sang Happy Birthday to your daughter with your cake and I hope you enjoyed it at home later.

Hope to welcome you to the restaurant again soon.