“Special Occasions!”

Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Rainforest Café, just 2-minutes from Piccadilly Circus, brings together the sights and sounds of the amazon jungle in a family friendly atmosphere. Decorated throughout with jungle foliage and animatronics, theres even a thunder and lightening storm, waterfalls, animatronics to entertain everyone.The menu is popular American & European Dishes, with each iten highlighted with their suitability for allergy sufferers, along with a Children's or Birthday Party menu for the under 12's.Bookings are not required as everyone is guaranteed a table, although a prioirty seating can be made and you will be sat at the next available table at that time.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went with my girlfriend for her birthday! Have to say, the atmosphere, service and overall experience was exceptional! It is expensive, which is why I'd suggest it is perfect for special occasions, however it is in the centre of London so you have to expect to pay those prices to eat good quality food anywhere around Piccadilly! The food was great, with possibly the finest flavoured rack of ribs I've ever eaten, and the cocktails and smoothies were great (although the cocktails were expensive)! I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for something different for a one off meal in London. The one negative, again relating to the price, is the additional 12.5% service charge which is added on to the meals that you aren't made aware of until your bill comes. Fortunately there was only the two of us, but for a family, it could add a significant charge on to the already high prices.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
RainforestCafe, Guest Relations Manager at Rainforest Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Many thanks for your recent visit and for taking the time to post a review.

Glad your party had a great time and that you rated our service and the attention paid to your party throughout as this is something that is very important to us. Your comments on pricing have been noted, but they are reflective of our Central London location and unique offer.

The following information is written at the top of the first page of our menu 'A discretionary service charge of 12.5% is added to your bill for your convenience, 95% of which is distributed to waiting staff and chefs through a system they control. The balance is used to cover bank & other administration charges & from which we do not make a profit'. As a discretionary charge, it may be removed from the bill upon request, although I do hope as you rated the service, you feel that it was justified.

I am delighted that for you the 'overall experience was exceptional!'

With this in mind I do hope to welcome you to the restaurant again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,459)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Good staff, however drinks very expensive especially with no draft beers on offer only bottles available at a premium price . We were sat away from the main restaurant so no atmosphere. All in all over priced, average food poor value for money .

1  Thank Flush96

Many thanks for your recent visit to Rainforest Cafe, but also for taking the time to write a review.

I am glad you thought our staff were good but in regards to your other comments, I offer firstly my apologies, but also want to let you know that they have been noted and will be discussed at our operations meeting, so please rest assured that we are committed to working hard to improve this in advance of your next visit.

With this in mind, I do hope we can welcome you and your family back to the restaurant again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We went at 5.00 pm on a Saturday night and were seated within 20 minutes. The whole place is an amazing setting for children. With elephants, monkeys and gorillas which make sounds and move etc.

We had a drink at the bar while waiting for our table - two slushes and small sparking water came to £10!!!

When seated, my two boys chose from the childrens meal - A main course, drink and dessert for £12.99. The pizza was very small but fine. Burger and chips for my other son, and then dessert - they had ice cream sundaes and a juice each.

I had chilli which was nice - expensive at £16.99. I had a side salad to go with it.

So for two kids meals, a chilli for me (no drink as I still had my sparking water left over), it came to £50 including service charge. They add on VAT and then add on the service charge.

Was it worth the money? They are keen to get you in and out as quickly as possible, so the service is quick. It was ok for a one off. Would I return - probably not.

We view all feedback, both positive and negative, as essential for us as a business to truly understand what we are doing well and also identify the parts that those most important to us, our customers, feel we could be doing better. Your comments on pricing have been noted, but they are reflective of our Central London location and unique offer.

I am glad for a busy Saturday we managed to seat you within 20 minutes and that you also found it to be 'an amazing setting for children'.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I visited the Rainforest Café London with my fiancé in July 2014. We had previously been to the Disneyland Paris one and loved everything about it, so we couldn't miss the opportunity to try the London branch!
The atmosphere inside the restaurant is nothing short of magical - the trees, the animatronics dotted around the walls and ceiling, the waterfall, the thunder and lightning (which happens every 20 minutes or so), the themed dishes and drinks, the sound of rain on the forest canopy...I could go on. We're definitely a pair of big kids but really, it's worth going at least once to get the experience of having dinner in such enchanting surroundings.
The food is lovely - I had a burger, my fiancé had a pasta dish and we both had brownies for dessert - well cooked, good portion sizes and served promptly (but not too prompt that you feel like they're rushing you out!). The service was great too, our waiter was a lovely guy called Greg who couldn't do enough for us.

Now, the only negative would be the pricing. Yes, it is pricey but it's a hugely successful themed restaurant in the middle of London so you'd expect it to be expensive (it was more expensive than the one in Disneyland though, which was a big shock!) You're paying for food, yes, but also for the experience. Which is worth paying for, in my opinion. We were a bit horrified at the 12.5% tip that was automatically added on - be prepared for that, take some extra cash if you plan on going.

I'd definitely recommend the Rainforest Café, to families as well as big kids! It's a very special place for us as a couple so maybe I'm a bit biased, but it really is worth seeing at least once!
Oh also - London in July is very hot and humid, so the air conditioning in the restaurant was a welcome addition to our dining experience!

1  Thank MercuryBelle
RainforestCafe, Guest Relations Manager at Rainforest Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Many thanks for your recent visit and for taking the time to post a review.

I am really happy to see that you found it was a magical experience, that is a great achievement and what we strive for at Rainforest cafe.

Sorry to see that you were a little bit startled by the service charge being added on, as stated on the menu it is discretionary and added for your convenience, but can be easily removed upon request. Thanks very much for naming Greg as a lovely guy and stating that he gave a great service I will make sure that his manager is informed of this.

Hope to welcome you to the restaurant again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We visited today and had a fantastic meal. I had the vegetarian burger and it was so good, I had to ask my husband to taste it to check it wasn't meat! It was as near to the taste that I've ever had. My husband enjoyed the chicken and we both had desserts, which again were good. The service was very attentive and polite too. The prices were high-ish but standard for London really. The way the cafe was decorated was very well done. We were seated right by the elephants, and they were pretty realistic, apart from the fact they could have done with oiling as we could hear every mechanical move they made! That said, it didn't matter a bit and we found it funny! All in all, the Rainforest Cafe is more geared towards families, but we had a fun time too!

1  Thank Ninja1

Many thanks for your recent visit and for taking the time to post a review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the Veggie BeanBurger as it is also one of my favourite dishes and a recent addition to the menu, specially designed with vegetarians in mind.

The tables by the elephant are highly sought after, I am happy to see that you found them realistic however we have noted the comment on the noise of the animals.

I am delighted you enjoyed the Rainforest cafe experience on the whole and hope to welcome you to the restaurant again soon