“DISGUSTING RUDE AND AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Ravishankar Bhel Poori
Ranked #5,643 of 27,338 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Euston / Kings Cross /St Pancras
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Came to this place today. The manager with Glasses Asian man, extremely rude aggressive no smile on his face. Rushed us and hurried us whilst we were putting our food. The food was tasteless and had no spice or flavour. Everything was sweet and bland. This is not authentic Indian food. It's an Indian named restaurant with Bangladeshi owners and workers. The other staff seemed ok just this rude manager who told us to hurry up not fill our plates too much. Do not waste your money and time here. The chutney salad was the only good thing. Food shocking and not authentic.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Shaf H

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Wow! The food here is amazing! Like nowhere else I have eaten. The starter "Special poori" was henomenal. Also Malai Koftas were sensational. Service excellent. If you cone to London, you need to come here!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 2 November 2018

I have been to Ravishankar three or four times over the last year, for lunch and for dinner. Every time I have been the food has always been great, decent sized portions and at good value for money. However every time there has also been very poor service, a lack of greeting on arrival, almost mute servers, and a general feeling of being a burden to the restaurant!

The most recent time however saw an issue with the food escalate, with the waiter in question raising his voice in the upstairs room when explaining that he would lose money if we didn't eat the dish (which we had not touched) or accept his replacement. We did in the end accept the replacement, but it never arrived, and we were left waiting for long after for the bill and an explanation.

I have decided not to venture back, but can say with authority that the food is well worth the price, if you can stomach the poor service. The Masala Dhosa dish in particular is great.

1  Thank MysteryShopping1
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

After getting completely drenched I was looking forward to warming up with a traditional Masala Chai, instead I got a teabag in a cup of hot water with cold milk on the side.

Not a great start to this visit, however, my afternoon improved once I hit the buffet. A nice variety of vegetarian starters, mains and desserts.

For less than a tenner you can help yourself to all you can eat of this non meat menu. A terrific range of poppadoms, parathas, salads, dahls, curried vegetables, rice, dosas, pickles and dips....

My favourite has to be the roasted spiced aubergines, ending with my favourite pud, Rasmalai. A range of barfis and fresh fruit are also available.

If buffets are not your cup of tea there is a la carte menu available.

Definitely value for money.

Bobbyscorp x

Ravi's is very popular and fills up pretty quickly, the staff appear to be quite eager for you to eat and clear out ready for the next foodie. As a result the service is a little abrupt, if you pause for too long a waiter will pounce ready to take away your plate and bring the bill.

1  Thank BOBBYSCORP
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

First time here but recommended by my friend- great variety of dishes and would have given 5 stars except some of the dishes (like the roast potatoes) were luke warm. The actual Indian dishes had wonderful flavours though and very competitively priced for London. It was more like a cafe than a restaurant but I would prefer to eat in such a place where the food is good rather than mediocre food in plush surroundings.