“The River Cafe”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here. Booked ahead and busy. Italian slant with English produce. We had starters, mains and desert. The produce was good , however the overall execution of the cooking as well as the prices relegates this to an average for me. Certainly I would normally eat elsewhere and better given the price.
Still, as a once off I can understand going.
Getting there is relatively simple- get the tube to Hammersmith and use google maps for the short walk.

2  Thank BleedingAussie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,421)

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We have been meaning to come here for a long time and after a friend raved about it, I decided to take the plunge. The setting is lovely however as many have already commented you are packed in and nearly elbowing the adjacent tables. The team is very slick and you have the feeling that this is all about the brand. The food was nice but I have had as good as/better meals for less at other Italian restaurants.

3  Thank annie_bee14
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Food good but not interestingy enough
.. would have liked more than mushrooms with the steak. Just filling up the space now

2  Thank iain c
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I've been to a fair few restaurants over the past years and this is by far my favourite. It constantly delivers. The staff are great and the food is amazing. If you are expecting complicated food and a super posh setting then this isn't the place for you. It's simple dishes, but with the very best ingredients. The pasta dishes are delicious. Pricey but for a treat meal, worth every penny.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We ate lunch at the River Cafe today. Good service, okay food, very overpriced. Much better Michelin star restaurants in London. I love salt and still found the meals very very salty. Massive portions. I would have preferred half a serving of my beef for 21 pounds than too much for 42. My husband's turbot was undercooked. In fairness they gave us dessert and limoncello complimentary, however in hindsight would have preferred the 42 pound turbot to be refunded. A nice, average meal but a bit too overpriced for quality.

4  Thank gailandjasoninlondon