“Absolutely dreadful on every level”
Review of Royal China

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This place used to be a good Chinese Restaurant. It was closed for ages. I'm not sure why. I agree with lots of the comments in this section. It made me not want to go to a Chinese Restaurant ever again in my life.
The food was diabolical. 2 of our party of 4 were quite ill afterwards. The staff talked to us and treated us as if we were stupid. The toilets were an absolute disgrace.
Need I go on.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Yesterday i was in London for the evening, planned to meet a friend who's in London for a Concert.

I have been to Royal China in different part of London but never been here. What is the difference with RCC and other RC's? Fusion food.

I arrived early,rather crowded, noisy and tables too close to each other but the meal is fabulous.

Meal: We shared dim sum, i had a main course of King Prawns with ginger & spring onion and my companion had Schezuan King Prawn.

Overall everything is good but the waiter/ess need a slight improvement on communication techniques and courtesy (not spoken English).

Time-permitting i would like to come back soon

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We made a reservation (by telephone) for this restaurant and arrived in time to be seated. Upon giving our details, we were told that there was no record of our reservation, despite having called only two hours ago.

What made matters worse was the unnecessarily rude and disrespectful attitude of the hostess. She walked away from us mid conversation, and proceeded to serve another customer. She refused to make eye contact with us, and ignored our attempts to engage her attention. When we were finally able to speak to her again she dismissed what we had to say and told us we might be seated in an hour or so.

Needless to say, we decided not to stay and endure any more of Royal China's 'customer service.'

Perhaps the food here is decent, if you can make it past the poor business practices and attitudes at the front of the establishment.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the restaurant just 15 minutes before the kitchen closed, at 11 p. m. Even though we arrived so late, we were still treated like royalties.
The staff was extremely helpful while we were ordering and came with suggestions in a very helpful and efficient manner. Now, I'm not suggesting you arrive this late, but I think it reflects the service and attentiveness of the staff.
The food was extraordinarily good as well, and arrived quickly after we placed the order.
To my mind, in relation to the service and quality, the price was really cheap. You can expect 30£ for a complete meal, but as I said before, the quality and service is absolutely exquisite.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Food was really delicious. A little bit expensive but dum sim are relatively cheap! Having afternoon tea with friends near the river was quite enjoyable!