“Tasting menu is incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tamarind

Tamarind
Ranked #333 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$45 - US$96
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Cross street: Curzon Street
Transit: Green Park
Description: Michelin-starred Tamarind presents an elegant take on Indian cuisine from its gilded dining room in chic Mayfair. The inventive menu is rooted in traditional Moghul cooking, with fish, meat and game dishes brought forth from the Tandoor oven in an authentic north-west Indian fashion. Muted tones and attentive service make the restaurant a smart yet convivial destination.
London, United Kingdom
“Tasting menu is incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

My boyfriend is a huge fan of Indian food so for his birthday I took him here and we had the tasting menu. I think it's actually incredible value - okay, it's not cheap, but it's course after course of incredible food. The starters were good, the fish course was excellent, and the mains were so plentiful - the waiter told us that we could have more of anything we wanted, but we couldn't fit it in! Desserts were lovely too. Staff are helpful, attentive and friendly, not at all pretentious, and the restaurant is luxurious whilst managing to be relaxed. It's the perfect place to go if you want luxury food and great service with no snobbery!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Cat C
TamarindCollection, General Manager at Tamarind, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Cat C,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of Tamarind. we're really happy that you enjoyed the Shahi Dawat menu as well as the service and the ambiance.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
“Modern Indian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Tamarind provide modern Indian food with first class service. The lamb chops are particularly delicious and they do a very good Tandoori chicken for the traditionalists. The staff are attentive and the atmosphere comfortable. My colleague had a Tamarind Surprise which was beautifully executed type of smoothie with fresh ingredients. Oh, and did I mention the lamb chops!

• Visited May 2014
TamarindCollection, General Manager at Tamarind, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear JWDWesq,

Thank you for your great review of Tamarind.

We're glad you enjoyed the lamb chops, one of our signature dishes, and the Tandoori chicken.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Tamarind.

London, United Kingdom
“Probably the best Indian food I have ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I must say that everything about the Tamarind is excellent, the food is great, the staff are very friendly and professional and the decor is beautiful. The prices are steep and for over a £120 for the two of us without any alcohol the food had a lot to live up to. It did. They were also very accommodating and amended a couple of dishes for my vegan choice.
We spent a very relaxed two hours there and I will willingly return. The waiting staff have the knack of turning up at your table exactly when they were needed, they were unobtrusive but always there when you needed them. And unlike some other Michelin starred restaurants you were made to feel comfortable and welcomed, some such places are so stuffy but not the Tamarind.
We had the vegetarian dawat menu which is a tasting menu and every single dish I tasted was divine.
I am already looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited May 2014
Dear demanagain,

Thank you for your lovely review of Tamarind.

We're so glad that you enjoyed the vegetarian Dawat menu and the service at Tamarind.

We look forward to seeing you welcoming you back soon.

Guernsey, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thank you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I wanted to post this review to say a huge thank you to all of the staff at Tamarind in Mayfair who looked after me and my one year old son so fantastically at lunch today. The welcome and service throughout was exceptional and food perfect. Parents traveling alone with a child of any age would do well to come for the set lunch here. It a Michelin starred restaurant but unlike many others, has a warm atmosphere and made me feel very comfortable with my young son. By the way he also loved the food, especially the lentil dumplings, flat bread and rose ice cream. The mint and white chocolate petit four was sensational. Thanks again and see you soon.

Dear TLK-hungry,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Tamarind.

We're so happy to hear that both you and your son enjoyed your lunch at Tamarind.

I must say we we're equally impressed by your sons willingness to try everything!

We look forward to welcoming you both back to Tamarind in the very near future.

Restaurant Manager
“I've been many times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

And will continue to do so. A variety of delicious dishes to choose from. The staff are warm and welcoming. Very helpful when discussing the menu and offering suggestions that suit your taste. Definitely recommend

Dear Nnl01,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of Tamarind!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.