“Outstanding flavours”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Tried the restaurant on consecutive days for dinner and lunch. Very nicely decorated with great green crockery and nice paintings. Very friendly and efficient service and a reasonable price £90 for three for dinner and £130 for a massive lunch for four. What was extraordinary was the range and authenticity of the food. The steamed fish curry in banana leaves was something I had not experienced before and the Tom yum was superbly piquant. What took my breath away was the fried fish and mango salad. The lunch was just as good (although the papaya salad was a little strange). A definite place for a connoisseur to visit. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This restaurant is a small family run restaurant with a comfortable informal atmosphere.

The service was excellent - low key but friendly.

The food tasted like proper home cooked food - fresh and very authentic.

The bill was also surprisingly low at the end for central London.

Would recommend highly to anyone who enjoys Thai food.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Nice atmosphere, Thai style decoration, very good Thai food, efficient service. Overall, very good value for money. A good choice for Thai food enthusiasts

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Despite living in the area for ten years, I've managed to walk past this restaurant hundreds of times without trying the food. Six months ago, my wife and I had a fantastic meal there and have been back seven times there since. Yesterday's meal was just as delicious as the others, Laotian sausages, chicken larb and flat noodles with prawns were our choices this time. The flavours are fresh, layered and authentic. Unlike most Thai places in London, for example the underwhelming Thai Rice in Maida Vale, Tawana doesn't back off the chili, garlic or fish sauce. If you want your Thai food with a proper kick, come here and enjoy.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

My first visit here although I had often walked passed while in the area, it was about 7pm on a Tuesday evening and three tables were full when I arrived and I was shown a two seat table at the window which was fine. I ordered a prawn spring roll with plum sauce for starter and a king prawn with red curry sauce main with a Thai beer, I was asked if I wanted the curry sauce hot or medium and I asked for medium, she also asked if I wanted the beer strong or light and I asked for light since I wasn't familiar with the two thai beers on offer. The starter was nicely cooked although the saucy was thinner than I expected but fine. The four king prawns were huge, in their shell so quite messy to eat in the sauce with fingers, would have been nice to have had hand wipes on offer which better class restaurants have but the table napkin was large and good enough! The accompanying vegetables, broccoli, asparagus, carrot, cauliflower were all nicely cooked not overdone. I was too full for a desert so don't know what was on offer. 25 pounds plus 10% service charge! but there were much cheaper items on the menu. The service was quiet but friendly apart from the waiter that took the payment who was silent throughout, poor English? Otherwise was fine and I will return if I'm in the area.