“Great service!”

The Grill at The Dorchester
Ranked #136 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, British, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: Our iconic Mayfair restaurant has been transformed for a new culinary chapter. First established in 1931, The Grill at The Dorchester quickly gained a reputation as the place to be for the finest grill food in London.In keeping with this original concept, Alain Ducasse's protege Christophe Marleix has created new seasonal menus. Delicious dishes range from grill favourites alongside the restaurant's signature blue lobster chowder and an extensive sweet souffle menu - the first of its kind in London. Lively and welcoming, the re-imagined restaurant fuses The Dorchester's iconic elegance with a contemporary tone and creative details. Interior architect Bruno Moinard was commissioned by The Dorchester to create a vibrant and timeless setting. For an exclusive event in an iconic yet timeless setting, the restaurant can accommodate groups and private events for up to 30 guests or reserved for exclusive use - please contact us for more information.
“Great service!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We went to the Grill at the Dorchester for a 70th Birthday on a Saturday lunch at 2pm. The service and attention was first class: not quite Ramsay standard but nearly as good. Very kindly, the maître d' agreed to cook a chateaubriand which was only on the dinner menu.

Food was good - the same chateaubriand was a little over cooked and the Dover sole too dry. Accompanying vegetables were well prepared and imaginative. Desserts were light and incredibly tasty. Atmosphere was slightly lacking and decor a little staid, but I understand it is going to be refurbished soon.

An expensive meal but certainly worth the money given the service and the special occasion (marked by a surprise birthday cake!) thank you for this!

Visited April 2014
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Grill at The Dorchester, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear cmb8008,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent visit to The Grill at The Dorchester. I am pleased to read your kind comments on the service and thank you for your feedback on the food. I will be sure to share your comments with the chef as all feedback we receive is of the utmost value to us. It is my pleasure that we were able to help celebrate your birthday by providing a birthday cake and I hope to be able to welcome you back again very soon.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager and Regional Director UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

• Korean first
Leicester, United Kingdom
“outstanding”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We dined here tonight at the Grill for my birthday meal, what can I say other than the decor is amazing, the food outstanding, service exceptional and has been a very memorable birthday experience with my partner and special friends. I highly recommend it and will definitely return again.

Visited April 2014
Dear carina62_11,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your recent visit to The Grill at The Dorchester. I am delighted you chose us for your birthday celebrations and I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed the food, the service and the décor. It will be my pleasure to share your review with everyone here and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
London, United Kingdom
“No second class citizen”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Had dinner at The Grill having previously eaten at Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester. Very good restaurant in its own right & we'll certainly be returning. Food is not cheap, but is very good quality and they don't skimp on the portions as many such hotel restaurants do. Chateaubriand was especially good. Service friendly & efficient, without being overbearing.

• Visited April 2014
“Lovely”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Lunch at The Grill today was lovely. Beautiful restaurant, great service and only one bump in the road with the food.

We had the three course lunch menu with a glass of wine. I was apprehensive about ordering the squid starter as it contained raw squid but the food was delicious and I detected no raw squid. The only down side was a very salty main course. I ordered the cod and it was far too salty and detracted from the taste of the fish. It was not as if someone had salted it during the seasoning process, it was like it had been marinated in, and then cooked in, the saltiest brine. The rest of the table found the same with their cod main so it was not just my taste buds and also the pork belly main was too salty according to another dining companion. One member of our table did tell the waiter about this issue and the waiter said he reported the issue to the kitchen and was waiting for an answer. A response did not arrive by the time we paid and left.

The best part of the meal was the dessert. I had the Hazelnut moelleux with chocolate soil and mascarpone ice cream. Perfect.

All in all an amazing time. I would highly recommend.

• Visited April 2014
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Grill at The Dorchester, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Seven_Of_Nine_True,
I thank you for taking the time out to leave a review of your dining experience in The Grill at The Dorchester. It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the experience, especially the service and the atmosphere. I am however sorry to read your main course was too salty and I will most certainly share your feedback with our chefs. I am nevertheless pleased to see how much enjoyed your dessert and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager & Regional Director UK, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection
“Astounding Decor”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Well, it(the decor, red, gold, tartan,flowers,huge lights and so on) does take a bit of getting used to, but having been eating here on and off for over 20 years, I have achieved that.
Food is great, if a little pricey for a restaurant that has no famous chef.
Service good.

Visited January 2014
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Grill at The Dorchester, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear W0rldTraveller58,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on all areas of the hotel. I am delighted you were able to get a full experience of all our dining facilities and I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed the food and the service in The Grill at The Dorchester.