“Good food and entertainment”

The Tiroler Hut Restaurant
Ranked #2,723 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The first time here, talking about the host, someone told me "Joseph is not a restaurateur, he is a rock-star". I realised what he meant while having dinner. Joseph offered non-stop live entertainment, playing music with accordion, saxophone and even original Tirolean cow bells, and involving all the people in the room in the singing. Wherever you are from, there is at least a song for you.

In order to fully appreciate the food here you need to be a meat-eater; the variety is not huge, but the food is good and you will leave satisfied. Highly recommended as a starter the "Mir ist alles Wurst", which is a generous selection of fried sausages; and the "Gebratene Schweinshax'n" as a main course, which is a roasted knuckle of pork with potatoes and red cabbage.

The beer is the Bavarian one, served in big steins and excellent; and you can have a schnapps shot to help the digestion.

Overall, an excellent night.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Have passed outside many times, always thought to...sometime...Now it was! Bless me, it was an action-filled surprise! A healthy mix of age groups, jam packed, two birthday groups, snow goggles and smart suits. Songs and candle cakes, the host turned out a multi-instrumentalist cum singer. We enjoyed old schlagers/evergreens, even a Zorba dance! Then some strange Austrian cowbell music, inviting guests to take part. Very lively, and now a new favourite! Food? What you'd expect from Austria. Who cares?

2  Thank 1Norwegian
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Within my time in London I had visited Tiroler Hut quite often. It is a Austrian Restaurant in a basement. What a man the owner is, he is a top host! He puts on a cow bell shows and sings classic cheesy songs throughout the night making a great night for all to enjoy. Staff are friendly and are dressed in lederhosen which really adds to the atmosphere.
Beer comes in small or very large tankard which is really unique and schnapps are highly popular also. The food is pretty decent. I had the streak which came with really nice crispy onions and sauté potato.
What I would say the only down fall is when some customers have a bit too much to drink and get very loud, this can be annoying as the place is tiny so you can definitely hear them loud as day.
All in all, great place, great fun and definitely worth a visit!

1  Thank 873laurenb
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Absolutely tremendous. Found the restaurant very easily and was welcomed upon arrival for our 7.30pm table booking and instantly we were made to feel very welcome. The waiter was not only very funny, he was also very helpful when asking about the menu. Throughout the whole evening he always made sure we were happy without being intrusive. The food itself was delicious and I will be the first to admit I thought they could've put more on the plate but trust me when I say you couldn't eat anymore as the food is very filling so don't think it's a small portion like I did, the amount is perfect. The entertainment was brilliant, although it wasn't busy when we were in, it was starting to fill up when we were leaving. I would highly recommend this place to everyone, it was my wife's 30th birthday dinner and she loved it.

1  Thank pumpkins1981
Reviewed 6 October 2013

What a fun night out, the food was surprisingly very good, but come here for the party, the owner is great fun, sings, rings cow bells and generally entertains his customers all night long. Definitely worth a visit, and best with a big group of friends.

1  Thank asapearce