“Go on a Friday or Saturday night - you'll have a ball, food great too”

The Tiroler Hut Restaurant
Ranked #3,026 of 22,822 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Sydney, Australia
“Go on a Friday or Saturday night - you'll have a ball, food great too”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were there on a Saturday night and arrived after midnight (you can order food till 1am). Although it was jam packed they managed to find us a table and were so welcoming and friendly. We ordered king prawns in garlic sauce and herring to start with. The herring was incredible - sweet, tangy and smooth. For mains we had pork knuckle (highly recommend it, huge portion - see pic), turkey schnitzel (see pic) and both came with warm red cabbage and potatoes.

I had a schnapps and a weiss beer (get into the Austrian spirit) which I recommend. The quality of their schnapps is very high, not your standard cheap rubbish. The entertainment is fun, fun, fun. A traditional Austrian band, along with cow bells (yes, cow bells!) and they play everything from Austrian drinking songs to hard rock (with an Alpine Austrian twist of course). You can't help but raise a glass and sing along.

1 Thank BarbieMegaTraveller

Tolmin, Slovenia
“Friendly and fun”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great atmosphere and such an interesting mix of music, ranging from songs from the Sound of Music to songs from Queen and even a man playing the cow bells too! There were 8 of us in our group and all the meals chosen were excellent. I personally can recommend the pork hock with red cabbage with a delicious prawn cocktail to start. Some of our group had the cheese fondue which they said was absolutely delicious (bear in mind it is quite rich). So for a fun evening with a great mix of entertainment in a lively and friendly atmosphere this is the place to be.

West Kilbride, United Kingdom
“A hidden little bit of Austria in the heart of London”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Was in London and staying not to far away in Bayswater, and when looking for somewhere to head to a late night, I discovered this place (open until 1am).

Was really curious to give it a shot, so went along round about 11:30pm to just sit and have a beer.

Was half expecting the place to be like a grave yard, yet for a Wednesday night it was really busy and even after I took my table and ordered my beer the people were still coming.

Kitchen was closed at the time, so just ordered a large beer (£11), with the bar staff really polite and friendly (will happily talk to you).

Place must be very popular with the German and Austrian communities in London, as I think I was about the only English speaking person in the place, and what with the Austrian songs being played by a guy on a keyboard, after a while you could very easy forget that you are in the heart of London and not in Vienna.

All in all, very satisfied and will make a effort next time I am in London to go back here and try their food out.

2 Thank wanderer_scotland
London, United Kingdom
“Second visit... after 20 years !”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went here, over 20 years ago with my first serious girlfriend and remember having a really fun time. I can't believe it took me this long to revisit !
I think I must have had a flashback moment and booked this last minute, to take some friends.
I called up to make a reservation and spoke to a really helpful girl called Mikaela, who managed to squeeze 3 of us in on a Saturday night.... GREAT !
Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly by the owner, and my friends commented how cute, quaint and friendly the atmosphere was.
Food was unexpectedly good, and so was the 'entertainment'.
Nice touch: Despite it being very busy, Mikaela made a point of finding us, to thank us for coming and for a general chit-chat.
so, all in all, a very enjoyable evening indeed.... just like I remembered it !
TIP: Street parking is a real problem around there, so you might want to park in the Whiteley's shopping centre, just around the corner.

2 Thank Huw_Jass
London, United Kingdom
“Amazzzingg food and even greater atmosphere!!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Don't have enough words to express the quality of food that is served at Tiroler Hut. Only if I could go there more often than I actually do, completely my loss!
Just pick anything on that menu and it's bound to be superb, perfectly cooked and attention to details is very much evident.
Host is an amazing gentleman, wish you could get this kind of host in every restaurant with some amazing food and music to go by.

• Visited March 2014